“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Came across this hotel by accident as we were going to stay at the Runger Lane. I am so glad that we chose this hotel as it was fantastic.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I would say that this is the best premier inn that we have ever stayed in.

The hotel is on the flight path and yes there is aircraft noise. However as soon as we were in bed, the noise didn't disturb our sleep. As we were going on a holiday, the sound of the aircraft adds to the excitement of your holiday.

We stayed here for one night prior to a flight from Manchester Airport. We also parked the car here for two weeks at a much lower cost than the airport.

As our flight was at lunchtime, we opted for a breakfast. As always it is cooked fresh and there is always plenty of choice. Premier Inn breakfasts never fail to leave you feeling satisfied.

There are taxis to the airport for around £6 but we chose to take the train which the station is virtually next door. The train station runs direct to the airport for around £4 for 2 adults and a child.

The down side to the train is that it is approximately a ten minute walk from the station to terminal three. Not recommended if you would struggle to walk this distance. The train is also only suitable for terminal 1 & 3.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Nice clean premier Inn, with friendly staff. Shame it has the Beefeater next door ( but that's a different story).
Right next door to Manchester Airport, so don't expect a good nights sleep. But this is not the Premier Inns fault, if you want to roll out of bed straight on to the plane, this is the room for you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Here at the Premier Inn we take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Premier Inn's seem to have a big similarity between their various hotels, indeed I have never been to one that I found in any way negative. This was very much the same as others I had stayed in, on that note it's probably best the mention the features I noticed that were different:

- big flat screen wall mounted TV. Normally they have little portable TV's up on the shelf.
- No sofa/bed. I've been to quite a few places that have a separate sofa/bed combination thing.
- Everything else was as you'd imagined.

Good close proximity to the airport, and more importantly airport parking. Seemed to be the cheapest Manchester Airport hotel nearby, which is why I chose it.

I heard a couple of planes go over, but was basically fairly quiet.

Room Tip: if you wanted less noise, ask for a room not facing the car park.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Good, comfortable bed with good linen! Despite being near the airport, it wasn't noisy; felt peaceful and private. There were no disturbances or sounds from other rooms, despite it being a Thursday night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will most certainly pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stopped here for the night as we had an early morning flight. Check in was easy staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were very clean, tidy and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Also the pub attached to the hotel was great. Fantastic food great service once again. Overall an enjoyable stay just what we needed before our big family holiday to new York and Florida.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to rest of the team. We hope you had a fantastic trip in New York and Florida, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
West End
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Immaculately clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff, in a great location. Even the breakfast was good with a huge choice, what more can I say. The only one bad point is the showers weren't particularly powerful but this isn't really an issue.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The service we received was wonderful. My husbands flight had been cancelled so we had a lot of sorting out to do. The reception staff helped us every way they could. We had to stay another night, which wasn't a problem. A stressful weekend was helped by the staff on duty at the time.
The room was clean as expected. We were provided with a fan as the rooms don't have air-con but get very hot.
An excellent stay, would definitely stay here again.
We had a meal at the Beefeater next door which was excellent. Good service and good food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel? Share your experiences!