“Nice hotel next to airport”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice hotel next to airport”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I tend to not be as prolix in my reviews as others (that was a good 50 characters) so suffice to say this is a budget hotel conveniently located next to the Heald Green train station and right around the corner from the airport. The adjoining Beefeater restaurant is very convenient. I thought the staff of the hotel and restaurant were marvelous. Yes, it is a bit noisy if you leave the window open, but you are right next to the airport runway so why should that be a surprise?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Under flightpath and very noisy but near airport by car. If wanting breakfast no longer in the price and frankly even motorway services/airport cheaper. Bonus was noon room vacation limit meant friend collected from long flight could return, shower and change.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Beds were very comfortable, "Good sleep guarantee" is indeed covered;bathrooms were clean;rooms - average. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Full breakfast is really worth, food was delicious, fresh cooked and "all you can eat". They serve Costa coffee also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Aneta E
Liz S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed one night after flying back from Skíathos before an early train next morning. It is a typical budget hotel with comfortable room and bed and adequate facilities. What made me give 5stars were the staff. Without exception they were excellent, from the two young men on reception to the restaurant staff at breakfast they were pleasant, courteous and efficient. Makes a pleasant change from the surly , couldn't care less attitude sometimes encountered. Will definitely use this hotel when flying from Manchester again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Here at the Manchester Airport Heald Green Premier Inn we take great pride in ensuring each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you again.
Doncaster
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We invariably stay at a PI before using Manchester Airport. This is the closest off site , ie the first one with free parking. It has recently been refurbished. Well situated close to end of runway, so noisy but that is explained on web site. The only reason I do not give 5*s is because on warm summer night you need to leave window open due to no aircon. Already rebooked this PI for our next trip. At £29 it is well worth it v getting up at 4am.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Blackpool
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night in June for an aviation event I was attending. My room was very nice and clean, the bathroom was adequate apart from he shower which was slightly less powerful than a dripping tap, the sound-proofing left a lot to be desired. Check-in was an experience that I would have appreciated the comedy of more if I hadn't already been awake for 30 hours.

All in all, a real mixed bag with some aspects spot-on and others a long way from it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Uk
Reviewed July 7, 2014

No complaints about rooms, facilities, staff - all good. We had pre booked breakfast for Sunday morning for 5 of us and on arrival in the restaurant we were asked if we had booked a table. I have been in the hotel business for 25 years and never had to book a breakfast table. And certainly no one suggested we should do. So we left and came back 20 mins later. We ordered and waited. And waited. After 40 mins (with restaurant almost empty by this point) we were told it would be another 10 mins. We left. Can't believe this was an exceptional Sunday so really disappointing. To the managers credit he immediately issued a refund. But why the problem? No kitchen capacity? Not enough staff? Other P. Inns offer a hot buffet - maybe this place should consider it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel? Share your experiences!