“Fabulous course”

Stockport Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire's finest parkland golf course offering 18 individually challenging holes. From possibly the toughest opening Par 4 in Cheshire to our Signature hole, the Par 3 8th hole which has seen many Open Qualifying scorecards ruined.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fabulous course”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We played this course after 9 days of dry hot weather and it was in great condition. It is not only a very pretty course but also a pretty tricky one! Every hole has an unexpected challenge. You would never get bored playing here every day. Definitely one to play again.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Ally F

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great welcome, food and golf”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Played at Stockport when visiting the area with three friends. A real traditional club with interesting and varied holes. Not too difficult for the high handicapper. Not the cheapest in the area but plenty of space between playing groups and excellent bar and food. The staff were excellent and the members friendly. I would definitely recommend.

7 Thank Simo2222
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent Golf Course and fantastic catering, a real treat!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I played this course recently on a business trip and we had a fantastic day. The course is a real challenge and the greens are the best I have played on this year. Each hole is different and we were able to play of the members white tees.
Even better was the clubhouse and catering. The food here was as good as any top restaurant and they have a very good wine list. I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a great golfing treat and a good place for a business meeting.

Visited September 2011
7 Thank Andrew M
Stockport, Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wet greens - I'll say”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Was invited to play in a charity event a couple of years ago and being the first time I had played this "championship" course, I was really looking forward to it.
However, just before teeing off, it started to drizzle - not particularly hard but as Peter Kay would say, it was that wet rain!
The weather leading up to the day had been reasonably good and quite dry. I play quite a lot of golf in and around Stockport, particularly Hazel Grove, and the courses were all quite dry. So this drizzle was never going to any more than a nuisance.
How wrong - by the time we reached our sixth green, the groundstaff were out squeegying (if that's a word) the standing water off the greens just to keep the event going!
I have since found out that the groundstaff there are asked to water the greens excessively to make them soft so that the members can fire their iron shots into them with confidence (and not much spin), no matter how dry the weather.
How true that is I do not know, but I have since gone back there in glorious hot sunshine in the middle of a drought and guess what - the greens were extremely receptive.

3 Thank JollyJaunter
Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bit over priced”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Nice course but not as good as was portrayed. Some pleasant holes but some similar, grrens a bit too wet.

2 Thank tomo5