“Nice idea, poorly executed”
Review of CockaDoodleMoo

CockaDoodleMoo
Ranked #11 of 550 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Nice idea, poorly executed”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited Cockadoodlemoo with a bunch of friends a couple of months ago following the recommendation of a friend who said it was very good. The idea sounds like a good one since Hazel Grove is packed full of run-of-the-mill Indian and Italian restaurants, but it just wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.
The choice of beers needs to be expanded for a start, as there can't be many people who go out for a meal that's going to cost them upwards of £20 and expect to have to put up with Carling.
I ordered the jalapeno poppers as a started to share, but we only had a sliver each as you only get 3 measly jalapenos. They were tasty enough though.
Over the course of the group we probably had pretty much a bit of every main course, and I can't see anyone was particularly impressed. For £13-15 a main you expect them to be fantastic and tasty, but the food was bland and the presentation wasn't even very good. Serving sliced brisket in a pile in a small white bowl for example just seemed really strange. There's no point giving you a large portion of food if you end up feeling like you have had to struggle through it!
I hope they manage to learn from these early days and improve, but I'm not sure the food is going to change much in the near future.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank James H

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cockadoodle WOW”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here last Sunday night on the recommendation of friends. We were very impressed with the decor of the restaurant, the service and most importantly the food! We both opted for pulled pork and ribs with fries and a side of macaroni cheese to share. It was all delicious! The meat was tender and the marinade on the ribs was to die for! The chips were crispy and the macaroni cheese was very tasty. Our only issue was that we were too full for dessert! We will definitely be visiting again.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Gem_Fallon
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who wants an american feel anyway?”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

give over being negative about this place! it's EPIC! Food is fantastic, we had Ribs, Pulled pork and Brisket with a couple of sides and couldn't find fault.

service was great and the atmosphere is chilled out and relaxed, make sure you wear your fat pants the portions are huge.

100% going back I've been looking for a place like this for ages, I don't want an american feel to help me enjoy fantastic food, if I wanted that i'd go to America!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paul R
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What Shall We do? - Visit the CockaDoodleMoo!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Booked a table for four last minute on a Saturday tea time. We parked near the Aldi car park and walked a few yards up the road as there doesn't appear to be any parking. There was one table left by the door which was ok but would have preferred to be further in the Restaurant which would have been a bit more atmospheric. The staff were attentive and we soon got drinks, ordered pulled pork, jacket & coleslaw, Three Little pigs meal which was a large hot dog with bacon and pulled pork & fries, half a chargrilled chicken with fries & coleslaw and a double chicken & bacon burger with fries. We all agreed the food was appetising and very tasty which were large portions too. The bill came to about £55 which we thought to be very reasonable for a party of four and we would recommend for a family night out. Unfortunately we didn't have time for desserts as we had to get home to feed our Cockapoodle Doo!!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Kags50Bramhall
cheshire
“3rd times a charm ”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice before and been rather disappointed, but I have to say my opinion has changed had a lovely meal, really enjoyed seated quickly order taken waited for food about 10 mins. I do agree with other reviewers that it does lack the American feel