“3rd times a charm ”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
cheshire
“3rd times a charm ”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice before and been rather disappointed, but I have to say my opinion has changed had a lovely meal, really enjoyed seated quickly order taken waited for food about 10 mins. I do agree with other reviewers that it does lack the American feel

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, but lacks the american feel”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Since visiting the USA many of times, i have always been a massive fan of American barbecued food.
My fiance stumbled upon this restaurant, as we only work around the corner.
We decided to visit with Fiances parents on a rainy Saturday.
Came in we were instantly seated and service was friendly but not to pushy.
Orders were taken quick, the waitress did make a few small mistakes with our mains, but hey we are human!
The food arrived after around 40 min and looked absolutely gorgeous, we instantly started devouring our food, sadly our pulled pork was cold.
The rest of the food was very nice and there was lots of it!!!
We couldn't finish the food but all had a good go!!

Sadly the restaurant didn't sell American milkshakes yet, but they did say they will in the future.

All in all nice change to the usual restaurants in the grove!

Few tweaks and it can become a great restaurant.

Thanks

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited when this place first opened I was apprehensive with it being primarily a meat place and I'm veggie but my partner really wanted to try it. I was expecting an overpriced frozen quorn burger and some chips - I WAS VERY WRONG! The veggie burger was the most delicious one I have ever tasted. Why? Because they didn't do the whole "fake meat" thing. It was beautiful char grilled fresh vegetables and hummus on a bun. The coleslaw on the side was really tasty. We were greeted with a handshake when we arrived and you get monkey nuts on the table. Only downsides were - 1. Parking - you can't! 2. the waitress didn't know what the rice dish consisted of and told me it was veggie but when my partner googled it, it had chicken in it - almost a huge mistake. Will be returning.

• Visited July 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“What a refreshing change.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Not what I expected at all. But what a lovely surprise. I can't add much more than what the majority of reviewers have already said. Lovely, helpful, a tentative staff. Fabulous tasty food, served with a difference. In a clean, rustic, arty surround. We couldn't manage dessert. But they sounded just as good. The bill £51.75 for 3 adults. BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Yes the portions are huge, but quantity does not equal quality. The pulled pork was rather dry and tasteless, and the skinny fries were not crispy. The buffalo wings were okay. Service was extremely average. There were only two tables when we went but it still took a while to get any of the three waiter's attention.

• Visited September 2013