“Nice, but didn't live up to the hype I've heard!” 4 of 5 bubbles

CockaDoodleMoo
Ranked #11 of 543 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cheshire
“Nice, but didn't live up to the hype I've heard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have wanted to try this place since its opened, I have heard so much and how amazingly fantastic it is. I went today with a friend we both had burgers mine was the double bacon cheeseburger and my friend had the mushroom burger. The food is plentiful so you certainly get moneys worth.
When comparing my friend had a proper homemade burger whereas mine was processed and didn't taste amazing like id heard so was a bit disappointed! We also ordered the skinny fries, they were just normal fries nothing skinny about them! Dessert was lovely waffle topped with caramel and toffee ice cream.

The staff were polite, seated and took drink orders straight away!
I will go again but I wouldn't have a burger again £11.95 is quite a lot to be disappointed!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Taste of America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

American style restaurant with a unique feel, reasonably priced menu. Fast, courteous service and tasty food the whole family enjoyed, loved it and will be returning again for more.

“American style food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family have visited this restaurant a few times now . Each time we have all enjoyed our food , and the portions are pretty big . I'd say the prices are reasonable. A few quirky elements like eating off a metal tray , kids ice cream served in a mug , and chairs a mix of old school style etc . All adds to the uniqueness of the place ! Will definatly visit again .

1 Thank KatySalter
Stockport, United Kingdom
“2nd time round and just as good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Fab food, great vibe. Had a great night again, service great and food Spot on! This place is a must!

1 Thank sharron c
Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great to see somewhere like this open in Hazel Grove!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had the pulled pork, baby back ribs & curly fries. Pork was great and the sauce delicious...would have been nice to get some more meat on the ribs though.

Overall a lovely restaurant with nice decor and so nice to see something a bit in Hazel Grove. There were plenty of customers in, even during the early evening when I was there which must be testament to something.

The one "negative" if you can call it that was the over-eagerness of the waiting staff...we were asked what drink we wanted by 3 different waitresses in the space of a minute when we had told the first one we wanted a few minutes to decide.

Really hope it works and we start seeing more shops like and the that succeed in the grove, rather than the trend of crap takeaways popping up and pubs shutting down that we've seen over the years.

Nice one!