“Not Impressed”

Add it.
Wild Things soft play centre
Ranked #30 of 69 things to do in Stockport
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I brought our 20-month-old daughter today. I was told by a mother in a Chorlton play centre that there was a similar one in Bramhall. After checking Google, we found that the only one was Wild Things. Upon entering the play centre, we were disappointed that it was much smaller and very bare compared to other play centres we have visited. The area for the under-3s was very small, but at least it kept out the older children. There were no games or activities in the play areas, nothing to stimulate interest for toddlers. The cafe didn't look appealing either. When we left, the two chaps behind reception didn't even say thank you or goodbye. It's safe to say that we won't be visiting Wild Things ever again. There are better play centres in South Manchester.

1  Thank Mamajellybean2012
in 5 reviews
"toys"
"grandchildren"

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visit this place regularly. It is not the largest of the soft play areas locally but is none the worse for it. It can get a bit packed if there are child parties taking place. It is more for younger children and if you get some boisterous 7yo + children thundering around it can get a little intimidating for younger ones. They serve decent sandwiches and coffee which is good. But the biggest positive for me is they do not charge for adults. That is a real bone of contention for me. Why oh why do some of these establishments insist on charging adults that are actually bringing the paying customer ( the kids ) to their door? It beggars belief and I really fail to understand why. For that reason alone, this place will always be the first choice. This one does very well with the extra purchases made from food and drink without having to charge me for the privilege of sitting and watching my grandson having a fun time.

1  Thank davidge
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This a fun place for parents and grandparents to take their children to. You can buy drinks and refreshments.

2  Thank LizFaragherBramhal
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visited here yesterday for the first time with a 3 year old, 2 year old and a 10 month old. It took longer than expected to get through the gate as the guy who looked after reception was also taking a lady's order for food. The children enjoyed the play frame. It's a small centre and only 3 other children so it was easy to see them. The older one particularly liked the long curly slide. Getting to the centre at 12.30pm we wanted food. The kids meals were ok though quite pricey as you normally get a drink included in these places but not here, however, the adults menu is dreadful. Just normal food please... who on earth goes to a play centre for tapas? My daughter who is on a special diet couldnt have anything and I ended up with a bacon baguette though I had ordered a chicken & crispy bacon one.. Wasn't worth taking it back as by then I'd lost the will to live. Whilst we said we would deffinately visit again we will ensuree it's not over lunch time.