“Gastronomical”

Jolly Sailor Pub
Ranked #44 of 598 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Jolly Sailor Pub is bringing back tradition. We serve food 7 days a week from 12pm-9pm Monday-Friday, and 12pm-7pm Sunday, including homemade specials. We are a family friendly pub with ample parking (80 spaces) and a large outdoor seating area. We also offer live music, comedy nights and Motown nights to name a few.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Been to many so called foody pubs in the area and nothing compares to this! Went not expecting much having been to the jolly in years gone by. Shocked is an exaggeration of the word. What a gem. Food great staff so welcoming mark and matt made me feel at home. Keep up the good work 5*

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I only ordered a simple cheese and onion pie and it's the best I have ever tasted. All the food ordered in the group was genuinely home cooked.

The staff were fantastic when dealing with the fussy eater of the group and even he left an empty plate.

This is a place that we will return to time and time again, so glad we tried it in the first place.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I agree with most of the reviews however it does need a refurb and tidying up outside but if the standards are kept up it will be a real asset to the area . Will come back soon .

1  Thank Geofhunt
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was amazed at the food served at the jolly sailor the quality the taste and the presentation was beyond my expectation. This is a fantastic place to eat out or even just have a pint or glass of wine as the staff are so friendly.I only wish I dint live so far away I would love this pub to be my local. Defo make the trip to eat there regular x

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Not a single bad word to say about this pub.

Excellent selection of drinks. Tasty, home-made food (Be sure to check out the specials board. I had the giant steak and kidney pudding with Guinness gravy from it.)

Friendly, professional staff. Always made to feel welcome. Even management always have time of day for you and stop to have a chat.

Can't recommend this place enough.