“Excellent NYE service and outstanding food”
Review of The Italian

The Italian
Ranked #88 of 561 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent NYE service and outstanding food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently visited The Italian for the 1st time to celebrate New Years Eve with my husband and two children. We arrived at around 7:30 and it was obvious that this was one of the busiest nights for the restaurant - most tables were full. Food was absolutely exceptional, traditional and hearty Italian food, which could not be faulted and I send my compliments to the chef, particularly for such good value. The service was also of a very high standard, all staff were extremely welcoming and our main waitress was extremely professional and attentive, taking care of our every need, as well as taking the time to ask how our meal was and chat to us, despite how busy the restaurant was. Overall, we didn't need to ask for anything and the service made us feel very at home - couldn't ask for more. Atmosphere was very lively, due to how busy it was although there was a bit of an uneasy presence due to the fact waiters came across as stressed and this did affect the atmosphere slightly. But all in all, I would definitely visit again, keep up the good work guys!

• Visited December 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing NYE service with fantastic food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Have just returned from The Italian in Romiley. There was a bit of a mixup with the table which was quite awkward for both us and the restaurant especially on what was clearly an incredibly busy night.
The hosts sorted us out quickly enough and we ended up with a perfect table, we had a 5 year old and a 4 month old with us so appropriate seating was a must!
The food was really really really good. Fresh, authentic Italian food, I had a try of a number of dishes and all were fantastic.
I also somewhat embarrassingly ordered a side portion of chips with my salmon (it came with a salad and I'm greedy!). The chips were hands down some of the nicest I've ever eaten in my entire life. Genuinely very impressive, and this was only the chips.
The food was coupled with really good Peroni on draught and good wines.
All in all the NYE meal for 4 adults and 1 child came to £100 including all drinks which absolutely brilliant value. We were quoted £50 a head at an Italian not far away so would have ended up 3 times more expensive.
All in all, a wonderful meal and can't wait to return

• Visited December 2013
“Proper Italian!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

A family ran restaurant for as long as I can remember, only a small place - hidden upstairs on the main road in Romiley.

Good food, really decent portions of simple proper Italian cooking, very welcoming and warming atmosphere.

Earlybird offer is brilliant in the week, especially for me and my hungry nippers!

Best spare ribs going too, a must try!!!

Al Ain
“Forget the chains, this is a real Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for years and it never disappoints me, although I prefer the pastas and other main dishes to the pizzas. Look out for the daily specials as there are often some interesting dishes there. Italian food isn't just pasta and pizza! My only criticism is that some of the tables are a bit small, the last time I went I had booked a table for 4 but it was a small round table and was hard to fit everything in (water glasses and jug, wine glasses and bottle, salad to share with our mains). Had to keep swapping things around.
If you have room for dessert the tiramisu is particularly good. Forget the bland creamy thing some places serve - this one has a genuine espresso kick to it!

Stockport
“Gem of Romiley”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Me and my husband have been coming here for years and we have never had a bad experience or poor food.

The food is always great, and staff are friendly and attentive.

We would recommend the Calzone with bolognaise top! Perfect with a glass of Peroni!

The only bad thing would be that we dont go often enough!