“Absolutely Brilliant”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Manchester
“Absolutely Brilliant”
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I have stayed here numerous times and it is fantastic, I was actually amazed at some of the bad reports it got. The rooms are fantastic, and the food is second to none especially the A La Carte menu.

At the weekend this place comes alive. Is great for a stag or hen weekend/night, after the nightclub shuts, follow the crowd to the residents bar open till 6am.

Can be extrememly busy over Christmas so just be warned.

Tip...When dining at the weekend opt for the Table D'hote over the Dine and Disco menu, it's only 2 pounds more but is worth it, and you still get to go to the club anyway.

I would certainly reccomend it.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank michellehulme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Surrey
Reviewed March 5, 2007

Excellent location for an overnight business stop over, basic rooms are great value for money & very clean. The restuarant evening menu has a huge choice and beautifully cooked & breakfast is fabulous for £8 a head. After staying at hugely overpriced london hotels where rooms and breakfast are 3 times the price (or more) this place is just so refreshing.

The country club is pretty good too.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank jane.walker5
blackpool
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I was in two minds about this place once I read the reviews however we had a fantastic time the rooms are amazing and I would advise anyone to take a suite for the extra £15 the food was first class and top quality and breakfast worth the £8. there is everything you could want the nightclub if you choose to go is separate from the hotel so no need to worry about the noise, there is an candle lit underground tunnel that leads from the hotel to the club and even though there was all ages in our party everyone had fun, you cant believe where all the people come from its totally packed out and great music, all in all I would highly recommend this hotel and cant wait to return for a relaxing pampered weekend of luxury.

• Liked — the room and food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy!!
  • Stayed November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gigglesxx1
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2006

Do NOT choose this place for your company's Christmas party.. Where do I begin - firstly the staff would not honour a company cheque to pay for all drinks although this had been arranged in advance. The food is mass catering at it's worst. To be fair a good choice of main course dishes but the same vegetables with every dish. Who wants to eat salmon with sprouts and carrots? The turkey was a slice of pressed turkey and was cold. I would liken the dining area to a school canteen, noisy and disorganised. After the meal you get to visit the nightclub. I like a drink but I have never seen so many drunks in one place at one time, women puking all over the toilets, men grabbing any woman's bottom, elderley men and women groping each other. The bar staff, doormen and waiting staff were either disinterested, bossy or rude. So if you want to be puked over and groped by strangers and pay for the priviledge this is the place for you!

Stayed December 2005
3 Thank suewick

Travelers are raving about these Stockport hotels

Reviewed July 17, 2006

Stockport wasn't my ideal choice for a stag weekend, especially from travelling up from London but this place is unbelievable. The website makes this hotel look classy, ideal for couples looking to spend the weekend somewhere quaint and lazy but don't be fooled by this facade.

Our stag party went on a recommendation and we weren't disappointed. This place converts into a night club where they seem to ferry loads of pretty girls in to make it a night to remember. It's open to 6am and you don't have far to go to your room, you also get a pretty mean breakfast for £7.

There is a strict entrance code but once you get passed that, I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed. Come here with an open mind and enjoy something unique before everyone else finds out about this place.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2006

I have recently returned from a long weekend away in Manchester. On the Friday evening, me and a couple of friends decided to pay a visit to Bredbury Hall to make the most of the half price champagne. I knew it was quite a posh place so i wore a pair of black trousers, a wrap over top and a little black cardi. We got into the place no problem, ordered our champagne and sat down. Within minutes of me taking my cardi off i was asked to leave because i had a couple of tattoos showing ( nothing offensive ). I offered to put my cardi back on if we could finish our drinks and the bouncer seemed satisfied and walked off. But a couple of minutes later he reappeared and said that the manager had been down and we still had to leave. ( even though i still had my cardi on and my tattoos were no longer visible ) We got up and left without making a fuss, which just proved that i wasn't the sort of person they were judging me to be. So a word of warning to anyone thinking of paying Bredbury Hall a visit who happens to have a tattoo - Keep it covered up, because if they even think that you have a tattoo under your clothing you'll be out on your ear !

Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2006

Make no mistake, this is the worst venue I've ever had the misfortune of visting. From the ubiquitous neaderthals at the door to the most surly staff under the Sun, this place takes the biscuit. Even Basil Fawlty would cringe at the attitude of the staff. There is a laughable list of regulations including no men with shaved heads (so you chemotherpy sufferers look elsewhere), long hair or earrings. And yet the place was stinking with male testosterone from groups of drunken guests. Told very forcefully to by a doorman to make our drinks the last and leave as we were wearing jeans and not a suit and tie. Three quid charge for cashback was the final straw. Avoid, seriously, you'll thank me!

Stayed May 2006