“Love this Hotel”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stay at the Bredbury Hall regularly through my work which also see's me staying at other venues. I have to say this is my favorite Hotel and one which I look forward to staying at. The rooms are clean and have plenty of space, the staff are nice, there's a small but decent gym and the restaurant? Seriously - my mouth waters at the thought of it - the food is first class in the evening and there is a decent range of choice in the morning.

My only grumble is that in some rooms its an open shower above a bath, but on the scale of things that miniscule.

The price is great as well and is excellent value for money compared to some places I've stayed at.

Looking forward to my three nights there next week - bring on that Australian Beef Steak!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

From the outside, very impressive. Becomes Fawlty Towers soon after the reception desk.
Clanging water pipes throughout the night meant I got no sleep.
The bedrooms were furnished in the 70s and havent been cleaned properly since - carpet threadbare and furniture scuffed and dented.
Vastly overpriced at £129 for an "executive" room which didn't even have a double bed.
Breakfast was essentially a plate of salt moulded into various meat shapes.
At twice the price of comparable locations I didn't expect half the quality. The only time I'd consider booking again would be as a gift for someone who had done something truly awful to me.
Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AndrewDBradley
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for one night comfortable very large room, had a peek in some more when leaving and some have balcony's which would have been nice. Ate in the bar and the food was surprisingly...excellent!! cooked perfectly with lots of flavour. Didnt do breakfast as it was too expensive..drove to Morrison which is close by :-) for a fraction of the cost. However I am sure it would have been lovely if the night before had anything to go by.

Feel the whole place could do with an face lift but as its so large it would costs a fortune and they are obviously doing well without it.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Bredbury Hall on a Saturday night as part of their special offers. It was £119 for a couple with a 3 course dinner, club entry, room and breakfast. The only problem we had was when we first arrived, they Didnt have my name in the booking. We had amended the name over the phone and had an email confirming this but they hadn't updated their system. The First Lady at reception (think she had an accent) was not helpful at all. In fact she sat back down and the other receptionist had to help us. Finally got to the room, dated but clean. Nice powerful shower but no curtain! Food was really good and club..., had a great night. Would definately recommend as long as they get the booking name right!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Bit late on writing this review, we got married in May 2013 and held our wedding reception at Bredbury Hall and we couldn't have asked for a better service, from the start of planning our day, with Wedding planner Nicola, to actually on the day the staff were extremely helpful, approachable, advised when necessary and the service provided was first class. All our guests were very impressed, the meal was fantastic, the waiting staff were attentive and the whole day was perfect. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone planning their big day. The only downside was, the dj didn't announce when the buffet was ending so many guests didn't realise & it was all taken away & I assume wasted.. Some of the bedrooms are slightly dated but very good sizes so its not a major problem.. all in all a wonderful venue. We will be returning for a meal & stay and cant wait.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Came home today after a Friday night stay. We paid for an upgraded room on a dinner b & b offer. Wasn't happy with room size, very basic for upgrade, when I asked to be moved the staff were lovely and sorted without problem. We got a large room with jacuzzi overlooking stream... Beautiful.

Dinner was lovely, well presented and very tasty, half price wine on Friday & Saturday. Staff were great, friendly and efficient.

Breakfast was lovely, buffet style and plenty of it. A few rude loud guests didn't spoil my enjoyment.
Thank you Bredbury hall I had a lovely birthday weekend and look forward to my 3rd visit ;)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent night at bredbury hall. Sign posted well so was easy to find. Came here for the nightclub with friends this was my first time here and heard all the saying so was thinking oh god what have I let myself in for, but I had a great time best night in a while!! Drinks are a bit pricy but bottles of wine are half price from 8 till 10. Staff polite and helpful, overall great and will go back

• Stayed: July 2013