“Hen Party !!”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very pleased to see such a lovely hotel, the décor and greetings of reception were clean and good and quite traditional and maybe slightly dated, it wasn't a chic bistro hotel but it would have spoilt it if that had been the case. The staff were pleasant and very helpful whilst booking in 12 ladies - which cant be easy at the best of times !! The grounds are well kept and the rooms were extremely spacious and the beds were comfortable. I booked a twin executive room and there was a double bed and a single. I couldn't fault the hotel in any way whatsoever. We had dinner in the restaurant with a very good menu and wine menu, the food was delicious and plentiful and the waiters were pleasant, I would just like to point out that mentioned in Lockets review, jay was quiet and surly but asked questions he was supposed to and did bid us a good meal but he wasn't English and the people that come to work in this country do have to put up with our language barrier and the busy noisy people that they are serving so I can forgive his surliness, he wasn't at all ignorant. The club was very noisy (obviously) very busy and extremely warm - and the terrace outside was a godsend!! The weekend was excellent and I must say this was all made up with the company that I kept over that evening with all the hen's friends and family we had a great time and I must say it was an excellent venue for a hen night so that everyone remains under one roof and there is nowhere to stray to. If I went to another hen night I would recommend this venue every time but I certainly wouldn't use the hotel for a weekend as a quiet hideaway with my husband, there is no quiet quality time when there are lots of hens and stags around, to say the least !!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 243 which was on the ground floor round the back overlooking the river which was w...
1  Thank magicalholidays

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to bredbury hall last night on a hen party. I haven't been there for about thirty years and its not changed one bit. Had very nice meal in the restaurant, food was really nice but our waiter , Jay needs to be taught some manners when serving customers. He was very surly, not very pleasant and not very well mannered at all. Everything was too much trouble for him! The club after the meal was just what you would expect in a hotel like this that is known for its hen parties and stag do's. When I needed to use hotels phone because there was no service to phone for my lift home the hotel reception staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Didn't stay so can't help with tip.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here on a girls night out. Went for the deal £109 for dinner b&b for two sharing a room which seemed a bargain. Met by two bouncers on the door when we arrived at 430pm, greeting at reception hardly welcoming wanted us to fill out a card with all our details on, no mention of breakfast timings or being able to charge to room. Handed a red card with no credit in bold type on the front and strict dress code for the club, Room decor very dated like 1980's in need of updating, window handle broken, no aircon in room. Beige corner bath suite with tiles that are in need of replacement. Shower dial came off on first use and looked dirty too. Meal in restaurant average, had chicken breast for main which was dried up and pale looked like it was thrown on the plate. Service was good and staff pleasant. As for the club.... It may have a strict dress code but it is far from classy, drinks at city centre prices, feels like a cheesy underground club, witnessed the bouncers literally throw 2 people out via the fire exit. Also non of the door staff wear the door safe badge on their arm like in most venues now. Breakfast was quite good hot and cold buffet style. Had a great night there with friends despite everything mentioned, just feel the whole place needs a re vamp and the staff could do with being more welcoming, it's not the Hilton (where in fact they treat guests really well).

Room Tip: Ask for one further away from the residents bar.
3  Thank Csl8
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am writing this review in retrospect, as I stayed there April 2013.

The hotel is very nice, and the check in was smooth and without issue. The Bar was good, although they did run out of San Miguel!

I didn't rate the restaurant much - the food was okay, but I didn't find it amazing.

There was an issue on checking out, in which the bill from the restaurant hadn't appeared on my bill. Being honest, I pointed this out, and this was paid on my credit card and a receipt sent on to me.

I stayed here with work. If I had to travel again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was very hard to find. It's was a trek to my room. There was one lift and I had to go up and down stairs to get to it with my suitcase.
My room was large and comfortable, it was also quite because it was a long way from the club. I'd like to have had a safe in the room, also tissues and a hook on the back of the bathroom door. The bathroom had a large corner bath with a shower over but no curtain which made me feel uneasy having a shower in case water went all over the floor.
I only stayed there because it was my friend's birthday and I can't imagine staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far from the club as possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

we have just held our daughter's wedding at Bredbury hall, the day from start to finish was excellent. the staff couldn't have been any more attentive, they were always there to ensure the day ran smoothly. the food for both the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet were excellent.
we could not of asked for more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debra B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is ok, what you would expect for the price you are paying, reception was fine, no issues. the room was a good size, clean with fresh towels soap etc in a large bathroom, tea/coffee was available, flat screen TV easy to use.

There is a good sized bar but you pay hotel prices.

On the down side it took a few attempts to find this hotel using a sat nav, so it may be advisable to take a map or ask a local.

Not bad though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Teamkarma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Travelodge Glossop
Travelodge Glossop
#1 of 2 in Glossop
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle

Been to Bredbury Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!