“Castle style hotel”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Poznan, Poland
“Castle style hotel”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I went there with friends from work for "posh" night out. Little bit difficult to find so sat nav is usefull. Very nice hotel. Little bit old but atmosphere is superb. Large rooms with comfy beds. Clean and big bathrooms. Delicious food and wine. There is pub/disco area and to get there from restaurant you have to use underground corridor. Kind of castle style. We took part in karaoke as well! Outside area is very neat so it's a shame we couldnt really use it cos of the bad weather. Cannot fault it. Or actually I can one thing. Mobile signal is very bad in some places so we had to bend through the window to make a phone call but it wasnt big issue. I would also recommend it for romatic couples break.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
London
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed this week and it was fine. Standard rooms are a little dated but clean and large and in good state of repair. Dinner ok although Bar Food not all that good. Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Talk sweetly to the front desk
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2011

1st impressions- it's off a normal street,thought " here we go" what's this going to be like? all good as it turned out. A rapid check in, offered an instant upgrade-but as it was just up the stairs from the bar, we decided to stick with the original room. This was very nice, bathroom clean & tidy.

We had a table booked in the restaurant, so after a quick freshen up and change, we were sat at our table wating to order. There was a decent range of starters and mains. We both chose the lamb for our main, and it did'nt disappoint. In fact it was probably the best cooked lamb we've both ever tasted. The standard of desserts were equally good. An excellent dining experience all round with very good service.

The nightclub was unusal,as it's accessed through a long tunnel! It was quite busy, but not too difficult to get served. Music was quite varied, to suit all tastes and it was dark enough for me to "dance" with my missus without the fear of ridicule-result!

To be honest,there was quite a few hen parties and a wedding,so it was a bit noisy in the early hours, people a bit worse for wear trying to get in our room, but can can happen anywhere and it was'nt a major problem.

Overall, I would certainly reccommend bredbury to anyone- however if it's peace and tranquility your after, go somewhere else! 8.5 / 10

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
St Albans
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were on holiday from New Zealand visiting friends and family around Manchester and the north west and found this hotel to be a perfect base for our family. The warmth and hospitality of the staff is fantastic, the food in the restaurant is a perfect blend of quality and quantity and it is very conveniently located on the motorway network.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Stockport
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My friends and I stayed at Bredbury Hall on 16th July; we also booked a table for eight in the restaurant. The rooms were a bit rough and ready but good enough for the one night we stayed, and the food in the restaurant could not be faulted. The Disco was also very good with a great mixture of music, this goes on until 2pm. Everyone then descends into the residents bar where there is Karaoke, I think this is supposed to start at 2am, but by the time the guy finishes messing about it does not start until 2.30am which is a bit late for most unless your too drunk to bother. It would be much better if the Karaoke started at 1am as the residents bar is dead with hardly anybody in this room as nothing is happening, not even background music, when we were in there people were having a sing song between themselves.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a better room, its worth it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed at the above aforementioned hotel on: Saturday 4th June, with a friend, we were attending a Stag outing. The hotel room was to a standard expected of a three star hotel, however the decor looks tired and is in need of attention. I was surprized there was no bottled water situated within the room, as I woud expect this as standard.

Food was excellent in the Restaurant for both Breakfast & Dinner;
Staff very friendly and helpful around the hotel and within the Nightclub area.

I did request towels for the morning to be placed within my room whilst I was dinning, however, this request was never actioned.

There was a problem trying to turn off the shower also, this was due to part falling off the bracket. Me and my friend resolved this issue.

I would stay at the hotel again without question.

Everyone (including the stag) had a very enjoyable evening.

Thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed here in June 2011 for a work colleagues wedding and was booked through laterooms.co.uk.
The initial impression that I got from the hotel was very good. Set in what felt like a rural setting the car park was welcoming as well as the reception area. The complex is quiet big but well signposted to get to the Hotel reception area.
The check-in process was easy and there was enough staff to cover a few people checking in at the same time. Finding my room was a bit of an excursion as I didn't see the brass room signs on the wall and ended up going round the back of the hotel to get to my room.
I was pleasantly surprised with the room. For a single person, I was allocated a double room which I could have had a party in, it was that big. The bathroom was also a nice suprise as I had a power shower and a whirlpool bath, again the room was big enough to have a party in. The decor of the room certainly wasn't to my taste as it wasn't very contemporary, but it certainly did look as though it has been decorated recently.
The rooms were also not noisy as I could not hear anyone in any of the other rooms, unlike some of the newer hotels that I have stayed in.
The hotel has a bar (open 24 hrs for guests) and a fine dining resaurant. There is also a late night club which opens on a Friday and Saturday night. I expected to hear noise from the club, but the only noise that I did hear was from the planes taking off from Manchester Airport.
The ambient surrounding and the views from the window made my 1 night stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends