Britannia Hotel Stockport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alma Lodge Hotel(Stockport)
$87
Holiday Inn Express Stockport(Stockport)(Great Value!)
$61
$76
$79
$80
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stockport hotel(Stockport)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,513 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was here for business a couple of weeks ago - and probably most redeeming feature for me was the location, also I got a good price by going through a comparison website - I would have been really disappointed if I'd paid the full room rate. Upon arrival - have to say the staff on reception really didn't look like they could be bothered dealing with me and when asked if they would mind calling a taxi for me for later that evening, I was told to use the phone round the corner. The lifts weren't working which for a fairly fit person was ok but if I was a bit unsteady on my feet this would have been a problem. Upon getting to the second floor there was a horrible musty smell which didn't go away when entering the room - which could also have done with quite a bit of modernising, albeit being fairly spacious. When I came down there was an alcoholic trying to get a room - I assume this hotel has a reputation for local down and outs getting cheap rooms for the night, although have to say the member of staff did advise the gentleman he was barred! If you don't mind what you get if it's cheap enough - you probably won't go too far wrong with this place.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hotel is a little outdated, but makes up for that with good staff, good help your self breakfast (fresh cooked eggs when asked) and most of all dog friendly Also good gym and bar area. Room clean & comfortable.

1  Thank Nick J
Reviewed May 25, 2014

room was clean and adequate.Food was help yourself,plenty of choices and wellcooked same applied to breakfast all good. the area the hotel is in is not the best and i .would not be wandering about after dark! for a one night coach stop over it was ok.seemed a long way out of Stockport

Room Tip: top floor front less noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This old out-dated hotel,s only redeeming features are food is good and hotel quite clean.reception staff are quite aloof and most complaints were badly fitting room keys, old fashioned 2 person lift which required both doors to be closed(in itself quite hard) before lift would work.and drink prices far too high.it says on its website 10 minute walk to town centre,(mo Farrah couldn't run it in 10 mins) perhaps your expected to train in their gym for years before attempting it.we were on a Caledonian trip, but once in hotel you really are stuck there.one nights entertainment(disco/quiz) weekly, and it was very poor,(held in reception,3 coaches were in but only enough seats for approximately 30) noisy with banging doors etc, so you have been warned.if your infirm or disabled give this place a miss, you wont regret it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I read good and bad reviews for this hotel but I needed somewhere cheap, last minute and close to Stockport station so went ahead and booked. The Britannia hotel lives up to the saying "you get what you pay for". I wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend it as a place to stay for more than 1 night.

Staff - the person who checked me in was borderline rude and unfriendly. Most of the other staff I encountered during my stay were friendly enough.

Hotel room - The room was a decent size but worn and dated. It was clean enough but not to the standard I would expect in a hotel. In the bathroom there were dirt stained towels, but clean towels were left on the bed. I found leftover food in the wardrobe which I thought was strange. The bed sheets were too small for the bed. The TV's reception wasn't very good which I thought was ridiculous for a UK hotel. The shower was good - powerful and plenty of hot water.

Hotel facilities - The food I had (Grilled chicken and chips) tasted like processed oven food and was salty but edible. The bar area had plenty of seating and wasn't too rowdy so that was good. The morning receptionist was happy to call a taxi for me and the car came within 5 minutes. They have a spa/fitness centre which looked good but I didn't use it.

If you need a cheap bed - go for it. If you're staying in the area for more than one night - look for somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book another hotel