“Good Service - Awful Food”
Review of Valentino's

Valentino's
Ranked #145 of 584 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited with a party of 8 on a saturday evening. The atmosphere is very good - lots of hustle and bustle and noise...I find most italians are like this and personally I like it. The service is fast and the staff are friendly and warm. That's where the good stuff ended for me. The restaurant is very crowded - the tables are too close together and if you are sat at the big one near the bar as we were, and you are on the bar side it's hard to get out. The food was truly awful but folk seemed to be hoovering it up with gusto so maybe it's just me? I had ribs to start - the meat was good and did fall off the bone and the portion was generous, but they were absolutley swimming in some weird black sludgy sauce which I'm quite sure started life as a powder that had water added to it...it was very artificial. Next I had lasagne....tons and tons of tomato sauce with a very small portion of lasagne sat in the middle of the pool and the lasagne just seemed to be 3 or 4 sheets of pasta glued together but with no meat at all...very stodgy and weird. I had dessert of Tirimisu which was just ok. My Fiance had the fillet steak which had a very odd taste...it tasted old and like it had come out of being in a freezer too long and another friend had pizza which was swimming in grease and overloaded with cheese. All in all disappointing though the place was packed and other folk seemed to be happy. I'd not go again.

2  Thank alisonj1971

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This is our family favourite restaurant, hence the reason we chose to go here to celebrate a big birthday. Love this restaurant, food is delicious. Best Italian restaurant for miles.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have been going here for a number of years and I can't find a single fault. The service is friendly, quick and professional, the food is unbelievable and they could easily double the price on everything at it would be reasonable. 2 starters, 2 garlic breads (the best garlic bread you will ever have) , 2 mains, a large glass of wine and two beers for under £40 including 10%tip. The atmosphere is romantic if you are a couple, friendly if you are a family and fun if you are with your mates. The best compliment I can give is that it's always hard to get a table. Always a great night.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend booked us a table for Valentine's Day. When i entered the restaurant, i already felt entering a restaurant in Italy. Small, very traditional, staff very friendly, loud atmosphere.... We had a bottle of white wine which was amazing (some German wine) and also went for the Spare ribs in sauce with garlic bread as a starter. THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST STARTER I HAVE EVER HAD ! the bread was really fresh and tasty and the ribs in sauce were cooked to perfection. We had Lasagne and Canneloni for main and really, this was great as well. I will definitely go back as it was a great experience. Also, the prices are not expensive at all. I recommend it to everyone. Bon Apetit !

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

It's a restaurant that is close to extinction: the kind that have rows of garlic on display, photos of Italians and mock exterior interior. Food is good value, I liked the option of starter portions of pasta as well as a main dish. My risotto was bland but the marinara was spot on. Dishes arrived quickly despite the restaurant being full on a Saturday evening.