“small, friendly & excellent food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marmaris Turkish Cuisine - CLOSED

Marmaris Turkish Cuisine
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
stockport
“small, friendly & excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and i went to this restaurant after hearing good reviews.
we ordered the lux meze (hot & cold) to start with which was absolutely delicious and very moreish
i had the kayniyarik (stuffed aubergine) and my friend ordered iskender kebab for our main and they were also delicious and cooked to perfection.
The food was presented well and in my opinion it was beautiful traditional Turkish cuisine
it is so nice to finally find somewhere that actually makes "real" Turkish food.
we will definitely be back again.
the premises were spotless too and the menu was reasonably priced.
the only thing that i would have liked it to have is entertainment, e.g live musician, belly dancer etc... but as the restaurant is only small i'm guessing there is not room to do that.

• Visited August 2013

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Taste sensation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Never written a review on trip advisor before and not wanted to until my visit to Marmaris. Beautiful food, tasty, flavoursome and cooked to perfection. Perfect service from friendly, polite and attentive staff, nothing too much trouble. Great variety in the mixed hot starter, big portions and excellent variety. All in all, a very enjoyable evening! One to definitely be repeated!

BOOYAH,!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant numerous times. It really is a favourite of mine.

Staff are very friendly, polite and attentive. I came here as a group once for my birthday and the restaurant really put on a great night.

The food is consistently delicious, great value and there is lots of choice. I would recommend the 'lux izgara' (mixed grill to share).

Visited May 2013
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to Marmaris on the recommendation of some friends. I'd have to start by saying it's not the best Turkish in Manchester.

The starter mix was good. We had both the hot mix and the hot and cold mix to share between four of us. The dishes are small but there is a good variety. The flavours, for me, were not as good as I've had elsewhere.

I ordered firin for my main, a dish I've had in other restaurants. The potatoes had been cooked separately and added to the dish. I've had it in the past where they've been cooked with the dish and I think this is much better that way. The Lamb was really nice and soft though, as you'd expect for a lamb shank. The rice was, again, not up to the usual Turkish standard. It seemed to be boiled rice with little flavour.

The customer service was excellent and the atmosphere was good. Maybe average is a bit harsh but I have had better food in restaurants where the service and atmosphere are just as good but with much better food.

There was very little choice for desert which was disappointing.

I'd rather go to other Turkish restaurants around Manchester, but it's not a bad place to eat.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“bad customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

came here with a friend recently and although the food was very pleasant and plentiful we were shocked to find that 3 glasses of water were charged at £5.40. when we queried this the waitress was very understanding but asked the manageress to help-she was very dismissive and said that we should have seen the price on the menu and basically 'take it or leave it'. we commented that The Elizabethan had not charged us for water and she said" well that's a pub-it's different". yes it is they had good customer service!!
incidentally we had also bought a bottle of wine so weren't being cheapskates.
unfortunately neither us nor our friends and family will be going back there-shame as the food is ok.

• Visited April 2013