“Nice curry in Heald Green”

Sangam - Heald Green
Ranked #76 of 558 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Nice curry in Heald Green”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After visiting many 'indian resaurants' in my opinion this is the best in the area. Great food and quick pleasant service in nice modern surroundings! Give it a try.

• Visited November 2012

Bramhall, United Kingdom
“Bland food and pushy waiters”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have just returned from a birthday meal. We were the last to arrive from our group (we were still on time) but the waiter informed us we were late as we arrived! We found the waiters to be very pushy and that they were put out when we said we were not ready to order. Half the table ordered the set £10.90 meal and half a la carte. The popodums were already on the table and we had not asked for them. The starters arrived, the set menu was much smaller than the a la carte. The onion bajhis were ok, the salad looked like it had seen better days and the seek kebab was unbelievably dry.

The currys were quite poor, the chicken madras had lots of vinegar in it and the chicken was very dry (this was the set menu), the chicken khari was ok but it was bland, the chicken was much better than the set menu though. The nan bread was pretty dry and had no garlic on the garlic nan. The waiter also forgot one of the curries and the nan bread.

The staff were all around you as soon as we received the food up selling drinks and extra rice (we hadn't even taken a bit of our food yet). This was quite uncomfortable!

We were then left for about 20 minutes after we finished before I got the attention of staff to clear our plates. Which is unacceptable!

Convieniently the staff came over at 7.50pm and the 20% discount on a la carte runs out at 7.45. I explained to the staff that we have been left for 20 minutes and I wanted the 20% discount. The manager came over and gave us 15% when I queried this he said you have to ask for the 20% discount. This is no where on the menu!

Overall the staff are rude and the food is below average. There are much better restaurants to go to!

4 Thank KerryLaurence121
Glossop High Peak
“Consistant quality”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having been a regular visitor to this restaurant for several years and I simply do not reconise the establishment discribed in some negative reviews. We have always recieved excellent service from the friendly staff and we have never had a bad meal. The Fish Tikka and King Prawn Tikka are particular favourites always being cooked to perfection.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester
“Bland”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Characterless, mass-production assembly line restaurant. On the two occassions that we have visited there have been more guests than seats, so you end up seated in a waiting room. No real incentive to re-visit. The Cinnamon Tree and Paradice Spice are a 15 minute walk away and are both much better.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Lol4874Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“An extra, uninvited guest on our table!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were staying nearby and as we had a Hi Life card we were able to have two meals for the price of one. We ordered our food and awaited our starters when the weirdest thing appeared on my plate, from underneath my napkin.......out crawled an earwig! I can only explain the incident as surreal as after the member of staff removed the offending insect from the table, and replaced my crockery, we stayed and ate our meal! (We were very hungry & tired, we'd ordered, & we'd waited and only had a few hours before leaving on holiday.) The food we had was ok, but that was mainly due to the price we paid for it. Would we return? Probably not.
Even now when I think about it I can only think the reason we stayed was because we had no other option at that time, because of circumstances beyond our control. It was eat there or go to bed very hungry, and we were very tired.
Strangest encounter I've ever had in a restaurant.

Visited July 2012