“Fantastic food fantastic service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Micker Brook
Ranked #417 of 543 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone 00 44 (0)161 482 8139. Post Code SK8 5NU
manchester
“Fantastic food fantastic service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went in the week about 3pm, nice and quiet, but still a few in.£3. 99. Great food lovely staff, and the chef serving, was are lily lovely helpful bloke,worth his weight in gold. Going back back tomorrow

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mickerbrook, General Manager at Micker Brook, responded to this review, February 6, 2017
Hi,

I am sorry no one replied to your comment when you reviewed us. I thought I should introduce myself and our fantastic new brand.

My name is Mark and I have recently taken over as the General Manager of The Mickerbrook. We converted into a new brand in November 2016 called 'Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery' yet we kept the same Trip Advisor page.

Whether you’re up for a party, watching sport or meeting with friends and family for a bite to eat, the The Micker Brook in Cheadle is the place to relax and unwind.

We’ve something for all the family – from our freshly carved, slow cooked roasts exactly how you like them, tasty pub food classics such as hand battered fish and steak and ale pie – all available on any day of the week.

What’s more, every day we make our own fresh dough so you can tuck into freshly made stone baked pizzas and garlic bread. Or, we have a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes – and all main courses come with unlimited veg, salad and sides.

With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Stockport, Wythenshawe and Altrincham can't get enough.

Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“Bar staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there yesterday for a meal and soon as I walked in the lady behind the bar was slamming things around including my drinks I won't be going back as she made me feel uncomfortable during the 30 minutes I was there

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jayme L

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Not a bad place for a cheap meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My mother in law suggested coming here back in March, neither myself or my hubbie fancied it much so were not looking forward to going. The staff are brilliant everyone is friendly and happy to help. The food is good a choice of 3 meats and tonnes of veggies, as many as you can load your plate with!

Since then we have been back quite a few times and its always been a good experience!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Moose_Hunters

Cheshire
“great value carvery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have some friends who don't like this place.......because they've never bothered to come inside.
In the last 12 months I've been back 20 times. It can be very busy at 12.30 pm. Personally I prefer to just miss the peak time. The reason they're so busy is because they're offering a generous portion of up to 3 meats, Yorkshire pudding and all the veg you can balance on your plate, for £4.19. This is less than the price of a prawn cocktail in many establishments, and perhaps 20p dearer than a bowl of soup!
I assumed they would be making their profit on the drinks, but these are very similar to Wetherspoons prices.
I can see that some people won't like going to the counter to collect their own meal. And if it's busy, this means queuing. The quality of the meat is excellent. The range of potatoes and veg is excellent. There's always 2 types of gravy, mint-sauce, mustard, horse-radish and the range of beers / lagers is very good.
The price I've quoted is Mon to Sat all day, but Sunday is dearer.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank CheshireAntonio

Manchester
“Food with Pensioner Spit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Good value and no doubt good food provided it has been freshly put out. You have to go early to ensure good hygene. It's no fault of the carvery that certain members of the general public might take it upon themselves to go back for seconds and load up their half empty plate, the serving spoon making contact with their half-eaten food. When I saw an old gentleman doing this I was appalled and complained. I was told it was policy to allow seconds but was assured that the serving cutlery and the food bowl is instantly discarded and replaced under such circumstances. Trouble is there isn't always someone there keeping watch. And parents sometimes allow their children to handle the serving utensils; are you that sure, Missus, that your kid hasn't had his finger up his nose a little earlier? It's the fact that the British general public has no class that compromises the enjoyment of these venues.

• Visited June 2012