“Carvery”

Description: Telephone 00 44 (0)161 482 8139. Post Code SK8 5NU
Pickering, United Kingdom
“Carvery”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Been here many times to take my parents who are 86 and 91. They like meat and vegetables. Easy access for older people as mainly on one level. For a Carvery for £3.99 good value. Good choice of meat and veg. Always plenty in the tureens to help yourself. Staff always busy but very helpful. Tables not always that clean as if a table becomes free you just go for it but they try then to wipe it down. Only thing I don't like is always several people stood at the doors smoking and when trying to get Mum and Dad inside on your arm you have to ask them to let you in. A sign asking to try and smoke round the corner away from the doors would be helpful.

• Visited November 2012
Mickerbrook, General Manager at Micker Brook, responded to this review, February 6, 2017
Hi,

I am sorry no one replied to your comment when you reviewed us. I thought I should introduce myself and our fantastic new brand.

My name is Mark and I have recently taken over as the General Manager of The Mickerbrook. We converted into a new brand in November 2016 called 'Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery' yet we kept the same Trip Advisor page.

Whether you’re up for a party, watching sport or meeting with friends and family for a bite to eat, the The Micker Brook in Cheadle is the place to relax and unwind.

We’ve something for all the family – from our freshly carved, slow cooked roasts exactly how you like them, tasty pub food classics such as hand battered fish and steak and ale pie – all available on any day of the week.

What’s more, every day we make our own fresh dough so you can tuck into freshly made stone baked pizzas and garlic bread. Or, we have a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes – and all main courses come with unlimited veg, salad and sides.

With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Stockport, Wythenshawe and Altrincham can't get enough.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Micker brook”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A typical Crown Carvery serving cheap(ish) food. Reasonable amount of meat with plenty of vegetables on offer to help yourself from.

Visited September 2012

Stockport
“Best carvery for miles”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Visit this place regularly. We go as a group for lunch from work and also at weekends. The food is lovely and excellent value for money.

1 Thank AnnCooperuk

Stockport
“Cheapest carvery in Town”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Dropped in at tea time for family meal. Incredibly busy but at 3.99 for a carvery who can blame anyone for cooking at home.
Very much a family based pub/restaraunt too many kids for my liking.
Would I come here again? yes but would look for a quieter tie during the day.

1 Thank Glynn T

Lancashire
“How can people complain???”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We dropped in here at teatime last night ... on the way to drop off family at the airport...

Food was well cooked and plentiful (as Crown always are) staff were friendly...

It was teatime and therefore was busy ... looks like young families do not cook round there... but why should they when they can get a carvery meal for under £4???

Glad we found it... because we will use it again next time we are collecting/dropping off at the airport!

• Visited July 2012