“Fabulous”

Ranked #13 of 607 Restaurants in Stockport
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to the Midway many times and have never been disappointed. This was the main reason why I decided to hold my 50th Birthday celebration there. The owners Paul and Pauline could not have been more friendly, helpful and accommodating. They helped me choose a menu and advised re seating plans etc. On the night all my guests were full of praise for the meals they had and no one was disappointed. We all had a wonderful time and the atmosphere at the Midway helped to make it a very special occasion for me. Thank you to all the staff at the Midway and I will see you all soon.

1  Thank zootown
Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Midway has to be the best place in the stockport area for decent food and the fact that it does proper beer including real ales and draft peroni & hoegaarden make it super. A lovely mix of the best of restaurant and pub with decor & food of restaurant and pub quality drinks.

Been 4 times never disappointed

2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday for my birthday celebration with friends. Food was absolutely gorgeous. Best chips I've ever had! Everyone really enjoyed their meal and there was a great atmosphere. It was also very busy

1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here a year ago and the food was lovely and came again for a birthday party. As we were a large group we pre ordered from a set menu. The food was a real disappointment. The starter was cajun chicken which was just a load of lettuce leaves with some cold tasteless chicken on top drizzled with a sauce. For the mains a number of us had the trio of roast meats. Firstly not everyone even got three meats and the bit of chicken I had was tiny and tough. The roast potatoes tasted like they had been sat around all day and my wife didn't even get any of those either. The mash potato tasted very instant like as did the stuffing. For desert I selected trifle which turned out to be tinned fruit cocktail in jelly with some cream and custard on top though at one point I managed to find some sponge. To me it seems like the kitchen was trying to make things quick and easy and this was reflected in the quality of the food. And finally watch for the cheeky service charge on the bill and £4.75 for a pint of Peroni!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have not been to the Midway for such a long time. I went on Sunday evening with my son and daughter in law. I had come out of hospital the night before after extensive major surgery; the staff couldn't have been kinder; including changing the aircon to warm . The meal was beautiful, and they quite happily gave me a smaller portion; the most that I had eaten for a long time. 100% to the Midway staff we will definitely go back again.