“Family Meal”

Ranked #5 of 578 Restaurants in Stockport
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter arranged for a 'family get together' to celebrate my birthday - 12 of us in all. The food arrived 'as one' - the quality of which was excellent. I personally had the Mixed Grill - fantastic. Thank you Paul & Pauline - your staff were brilliant and I gave positive feedback to the chef

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can't knock the food. Enjoyed it. No issues. Asked if wanted sauces with meals. I thought a coleslaw would be nice. Instant no. U will have to pay. Sometimes little touches like this mean a lot to customer.

I was having a jacket spud as far as I'm concerned coleslaw is perfect side.

Food for thought.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Came for quick bite to each for lunch.

I asked for a cheese and onion panini as they only had a cajun chicken cheese panini at £5.95 and a tuna cheese panini at £5.25. I was automatically charged for the higher value panini when It was on par with the tuna version. I made staff aware so they knew as although only 70pence its prinicipal I got an apology when I asked for coleslaw I was then told I would be charged extra for it!!! How cheeky. Drinks are stupidly expensive for a Stockport pub, the food is ok we only had snacks but our experience was a cheeky one.

An added point for this pub is the atmosphere is terrible really drab boring and no spirit to the place I have often visited different times including night time and its not a place to go for a night out or for a happy social drinks its very boring. It looks lovely inside but no atmosphere it's a killer!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a meal here for my mums 60th. It was for 20 people and was excellent. The service, food & setting were spot on and nothing was too much trouble. The staff were all lovely. We really couldn't fault anything. The restaurant was really busy too but that didn't affect the quality of service or food. We have eaten here at various times and have always really enjoyed. I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate to visit again. Thank you :-)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would like to say a big thank you to the manager and all staff for the lovely meal and ambience and smiley staff especialy the polish lady sorry forgot her name but i will call her smiler nothing was to much trouble even though you were mega buzy our meal was beautifully presented and hot and we were not kept waiting i have left smiler a bunch off roses please give them to here mr manager
lorraine hardy
guest at barb and dicks ruby wedding anniversary
i will be back x