“Good food”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Came here with a friend a couple of weeks ago. We both really enjoyed it. The only downside is the price, it's quite expensive, but that doesn't matter as such.
We ordered from a set menu. For a starter, I had a duck rillette with orange puree, pickled pears, candied walnuts and watercress. For my main dish, I had: roasted Gressingham chicken breast with potato mousselline, sautéed button mushrooms, green beans
and morel sauce.
Then for dessert, I had a catalan tart with orange & vanilla sauce, orange foam and cinnamon doughnuts.

1  Thank Holidayhoney90

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went for a celebration meal here. Attention to detail & to customers was superb & the food was all delicious.
We had main course of delicious rare duck, crisp belly pork & beautifully fresh fish.
Everything was excellent, I can highly recommend going for a celebration or just for a treat!.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had dinner here to celebrate my wife's birthday. The starters were especially delicious, duck rillete with candy bits and seafood with pasta. The rest of the meal was good - Slow roast belly of pork and roast lamb followed by Prune and armagnac cheesecake and creme catalan.
It is a bit on the pricey side, and my wife said she felt underdressed - being Heaton Moor, it doesn't have the boho edge of West Didsbury. Service was efficient but a little on the cool side. and the chairs are not v comfortable.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a fantastic experience, from the lovely greeting all the way through to coffees at the end. The food was devine complimented by an array of fine wines. Will be back very soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have now dined here 4 times, twice in groups and twice as a couple and each time the service, food and drinks have been excellent. I could not fault it - as close to perfect as a restaurant gets!