“Lovely little Italian”

Donatello Pizzeria Ristorante
Ranked #144 of 550 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Italian”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Simply lovely restaurant - great food and nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced. We really enjoyed our evening out there.

Visited May 2012

“Best Italian in the area!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have been going here for the best part of twenty years...food is gorgeous (especially the veal!), very authentic & excellent for all the family...the house wine comes in a litre bottle & both red & white are lovely! Highly recommended....

“Starter was good,main was very good pudding was awful!! And that was tiramisu!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Never been here before and my missus loves Italian food so were looking for a place to go regularly. This isn't it.
The outside doesnt look to good and the decor inside isn't much better. The menus look old and tired and had paint on them!
They also have stickers on them where the prices have changed.
The starters were good I had meatballs and my partner had the mushrooms.
We both had steak mine was £18.50 the veg that came with it didn't look good
But we're not veg eaters so we didn't
Have it anyway. Mine came with 4 small mushrooms but I'd ordered chips so wasn't that bothered about that. The worst thing was the tiramisu I'm not a fan but my partner loves it but when it came she said it tasted of plastic. I tried it and it did! No liqueur or coffee taste it was plastic! Very odd!
The biggest shock was the bill,£85!
That was 2 starters 2 main and 2 puddings 2 glasses of house rose and 3 beers.bella italia next time! Then we won't get ripped off Italian style!

1 Thank Babuandbaboon
Stockport, United Kingdom
“A Real Happy Hour”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We visited again on Sunday 27th May. What we didn't realise was that it has a 'Happy Hour' every day.....The selection from the Happy Hour Menu is a real good choice and at £10.95 for 3 courses, you can't go wrong. This made the Family early evening meal a real bargain. As usual, excelent service and that warm invitation that makes you feel special. Keep it up guys....it works

• Visited May 2012
Cheshire
“Traditional Italian food and family atmosphere”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I visited Donatello's with my family for a Mother's Day treat. It's a family run restaurant and the serving staff couldn't have been more pleasant. They chatted to us, made jokes and made sure that everything was to our liking. The food was delicious, with a range of freshly made dishes containing traditional ingredients. Everything came beautifully presented and garnished and tasted wonderful. The starter of Italian meatballs was a big hit with the younger members of my family, while I particularly enjoyed the asparagus in cheese sauce. There was a big selection of main dishes including typical Italian dishes like lasagne and canelloni, which came piping hot and with extra cheese. We looked at the dessert menu but decided we were too full, so we just had coffee. My only complaint would be that the chairs were hard wood and quite uncomfortable after a while. Why not provide some soft cushions?

• Visited March 2012