“Never a dull trip to The Orange Tree”
Review of The Orange Tree - CLOSED

The Orange Tree
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bury, England, United Kingdom
“Never a dull trip to The Orange Tree”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've started going to the Orange Tree recently [around the past 6 months or so] and I really enjoy my time there. Whether it be for a quite drink with friends, or some pre drinks before we have a big ol' night out. The client group in there is a lovely varied mix, from the young ones around the 20's mark, all the way up to the good old regulars. The staff can put a twist on a night that caters for everyone. When ever I've been in other punters never shy away from a conversation at the bar, you get a lovely community feeling when drinking in there.
I've read in other reviews that 'The bar's sticky' What do you expect? Its a busy bar, there's always going to be a little overspill. The bar does get cleaned, its just that when the line for the bar if a few people deep, they get on with serving their customers instead of cracking out the disenefctant [they wait for a quiter time for that] So, if you have a phobia of sticky bars, still come to the Orange Tree, you're unlucky if you catch it sticky, but do what most drinkers do? Take some slight caution and dont lay your hands and arms all over the bar. Its your responsiblity too!
I've never eaten at the Orange Tree so I cannot review their service of food, but my friends go it enjoy it there for lunch.
They always have a nice selection of wine, and their fishbowls, well, the fishbowls make my night!

Get yourself to The Orange Tree.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“pleasant and cheery pub”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have eaten at the orange tree several times and it never fails to impress.The staff are friendly, pleasant and attentive.The menu is good and the food is delicious defiantly worth the money.

Havant, United Kingdom
“Lack of choice and grubby”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food is not of an acceptable choice for a cheap and cheerful bar. The choice of beers is limited and the general public areas are not clean especially the bar surface area which is sticky and covered in old beer. Credit or debit cards are not being accepted ,overall a very disappointing experience

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be a good pub”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The place has gone downhill. It used to be our local but it seems management is no longer good. For starters the opening hours are not as per displayed on the window. Been for weekend breakfast about 6 times and it was shut, resulting in loads of disappointment. Service is slow and they forget orders. Wasn't happy with them saying the reason for the delay in getting our drinks was that they wanted to bring them with the food. Sometimes the items on the menu are not available.

On the plus side, the pizza is amazing and the deal is good value.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Too many excuses”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The place has gone down hill lately even my friends agree. We went in on Friday 28th December and bought a drink and sat down. We looked at the menu and went to order and were told they had no steak. So I ordered half chicken and was told there was no chicken - only chicken for wraps so i ordered a wrap. We were told it would take about half hour even though the place was empty. By the time all the food was on the table it had taken 45 minutes (for chicken wrap and pizzas). I did complain and was told that they had run out of meat over Christmas and they were allowed to get it from anywhere else. (bad management in the first place). We were then told we could have complimentary coffee but declined as we didnt want to wait another half hour. In my opinion we should have been told before we ordered a drink that the food was limited - just isnt what it was anymore

• Visited December 2012