“Excellent food, excellent value”

The Woodthorpe Hotel
Ranked #38 of 62 Restaurants in Prestwich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly pub restaurant, serving home cooked food & cask ales. Situated right next to Heaton Park, we even have a dog friendly room! Serving carvery every Sunday from £5.95, quiz night on a Wednesday & 2for1 every Monday!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently visited the Woodthorpe with friends. We found the menu to be excellent value for money, with a main and a starter or dessert only costing £14.25 with a drink. The portions are very good, particularly when it comes to desserts (indeed, this was the first time when I've ever been too full to finish a pudding!). The staff were friendly, efficient and seemed to be happy in their work. The building is also worthy of note, it's a splendid mock Gothic rambling place built for the Holt family (who own the brewery that is associated with the pub).

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to this pub for an evening with a friend and had a great time. Relaxed evening with great food, fantastic desserts - big portions so I took half of mine home!! Really enjoyed the service which was attentive though not intrusive. Very good deals for 2 courses and a drink.

1  Thank Val T
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visited this pub restaurant with four friends last night. I went to the bar to request a wine list whilst our party was waiting for another person to turn up. The barman said "there on the tables" and pointed to a table near the bar. My friend and I looked through the menus on that table and no wine list. I then walked around to another table to get one. After deciding which wine to have my friend approached the bar the same person was behind it and she asked for the wine, he heard her ask but then turned to have a conversation with a female bar person who was holding a telephone! We were left standing there until he decided to serve us. I couldn't believe the absolute rudeness of this person and I may add he is NOT a young person either!We had booked a table and were shown to it by a lady The table had a few chairs and a very low sofa to sit on which was far too low to eat comfortably so we asked to move to another table. There were plenty empty She was also looking very put out and huffing and puffing .She eventually came back to show us to another table which also had a long seat along the back of the table. One of our party said "Oh that's the same as the other one" to which the waitress replied "No its not this is a bench seat not a sofa!" We sat down and this seat was a bit higher than the last. The whole lack of any customer service was amazing! the food is average pub food no better no worse but I will not go there again as the staff were so rude!

1  Thank Lynne T
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just come back from there and gotta say we just had terrible burgers. They were like the cheap ones you get from a burger van. Had that taste. I do like that taste for 3 quid not 10 quid. was expecting more. The cake was big and nice but should be for 4 quid +. Wouldnt eat of the main menu again. But will try the carvery Oh service is a bit shockingly bad as well apart from 1 or 2 nice staff

1  Thank Steven D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice place that serves lovely food, staff are friendly the the pub itself is clean & well presented. Would go back without question. Thanks.