“Nice pub, great cakes, just needs to up its game again”

The Woodthorpe Hotel
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Prestwich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Living so close to this pub me and my partner go pretty often. We do really like it and the staff are really nice and friendly, we've got so many experiences here its impossible to pick specific visits out. I would recommend here, it's gorgeous inside and the landlord and lady are always really nice and pleasant.
The only thing is its one of the most expensive pubs around for drinks, we go for convenience there's the friendship just down the road that we go to if the weathers nice to walk back. They've upped the price on the meal deals which considering it included a drink is still ok for value, but I have noticed the menu changed and it's really not as good as it was. Even the food quality is beginning to lack.
For the prices of this maybe work out what's cheaper for you, the meal deal here or 2 for 1 at the friendship.
I hope they rectify this as I have a lot of friends that have said the same thing an as a result they choose to go elsewhere. Pull your socks up and keep up with the competition before its too late, I love it here, But maybe it will end up worth that short walk elsewhere.

1  Thank 01amk
There are newer reviews for The Woodthorpe Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited for the first time on Father's Day, didn't have a booking but was accommodated very quickly!! Saw the cakes on our way in...WOW (more on that later) we went for the 3 course carvery for £16.25 it included a free drink too! Starter was excellent and our carvery was even better...great choice and really fresh. Don't be put off by walking "through the toilets" you don't go through the toilets just walk the same corridoor! Now onto them cakes...they are huge and delicious and best thing is, if you can't stomach it just yet they offer a takeaway service!! Very impressed overall!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We used to love going here, but were a bit disappointed with our recent (last?) visit. Drinks are pricey (for what they are) and one of the main beers was not available on tap. Meals weren't too brilliant and, again, a little pricey for what we had. The place was untidy, probably because it was a Friday and kids off school, but no effort was being seen to tidy the restaurant floors.
Used to be a little more 'upmarket', had that edgeabout it. Just another big pub now. Take it as you find it.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Expensive drinks, overpriced pub grub and a disinterested manager. If you want great Holt's beer and lager with friendly staff go a hundred yards up the road to the Ostriche. Food wise, try one of the many fantastic restaurants in Prestwich. The Woodthorpe is a let down, hasn't always been like this, The brewery needs to look at the customer experience before it is too late.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a fairly large group. I had the Wexford chicken, several people had the cumberland sausages, one had fish and chips and another had a chicken sandwich with chips. Everyone was pleased with their food. The portions were generous but I wanted to save room for dessert. The malteasers cheesecake was wonderful. I can't remember the desserts the others had, but no one had any left over!