“Good, Honest, Delicious Pub Food”
Review of The Clarence

The Clarence
Ranked #75 of 299 Restaurants in Oldham
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Clarence is located in Greenfield, Saddleworth, Not very far away from Dovestones. Its an ideal location to come and enjoy a nice Cask ale pint and some home cooked food after a long walk or if you just want to come to a place with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, good beer selection and home cooked food. We have recently changed Management and would like to welcome customers new and old to come back to The Clarence.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Living nearby, I've been coming here for years, mostly to drink & socialise but occasionally to eat. Sadly, when it comes to food, the Clarence has had a chequered history. Recently though, after the arrival of new tenants, Darrell & Kath Tarkenter, things have changed. There is a seasonal menu which isn't too large or fussy. Everything is locally sourced, prepared & cooked on the premises and delightfully presented. I've eaten here with family and friends several times this year. Everything from Christmas dinner to our son's 21st (his particular request). So, between us, we must have eaten the entire menu. Everyone (young to old) loved every dish. I love my meat but it must be lean! The meat in the pies/puddings is tasty, melts in the mouth and is beautifully lean. My particular favourites are Rag Pudding and Steak & Ale Pie (which has the lightest puff pastry I've ever had). If what you want is good,honest, delicious pub food then I recommend the Clarence very highly.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I've not been here for around 25 years after moving south & I was glad I came back on a recent visit to the area. Friendly bar staff & a warm atmosphere. They had some local ales on at a very good price (less than £2.80) & found one I really liked so ended up staying longer than planned & the bus stop is almost outside the door. This is a good place to stop off at if you've round Dovestones reservoir & are in need of a beer (or a meal). As far as I could tell there was no sky sports or annoying fruit machines in here which makes all the difference to a pub in my book.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Gorgeous food ,nice atmosphere. We went for my aunties birthday all had different things and they were all tasty and well presented.Good family pub would recommend x

1  Thank DebbieH5971
Reviewed June 5, 2012

we just stopped by for a pint of beer and liked the atmosphere.

No idea about food or other things.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

needed to find somewhere to eat as we had been out for the day , when asked about food was told no food after 6 !

1  Thank countercomedian