Been going to the White Hart for years, all through its various extensions and updates. These days, it's main market is obviously weddings because of the financial rewards. I personally preferred it in the earlier days when it was just a really upmarket restaurant with a great chef (who was co-owner, but has since left), fabulous staff, and great attention to detail - particularly the standard of service - all the people working there were the best in their particular field.These days, the Oak Room is a fabulous room which can cater for around 200, but it's just not at the level it once was. I would say it is still probably the best venue in the area for large events.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and refurbished in all areas, this traditional Coaching Inn offers a Brasserie with log fires, a bar full of cask ales and an enviable wine list. Or try the Cocktail Bar and Dining Room for the chef's tasting menu. The AA rates the rooms as Gold Standard 4 star in the 2017 Guide and the kitchen is recommended in the Good Food Guide 2017 (Joint 3rd best Restaurant in Greater Manchester) Michelin Dining Out in pubs guide 2017 - Inspectors Pick Michelin Hotel and Restaurant Guide 2017 with two separate listing for the Brasserie and Dining Room The AA Restaurant Guide 2017 two rossettes We hope you enjoy our hospitality. Charles Brierley ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The White Hart Inn at Lydgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Hart At Lydgate Hotel Oldham
- The White Hart Inn At Lydgate Oldham, Greater Manchester