All reviewsbrewers fayrestayed herefootball groundgood nights sleeprestaurant next doorcar parkextra pillowspub restaurantexcellent hotelcomfortable bedno liftsized roompleasant staybusy roadtown centreconvenient locationample parking
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Room very clean and modern, beds really were comfy with a choice of pillows. Only downside was a cool room, soon fixed by young man from reception, probably worse for me as more used to average of 30c, not frost!!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Stayed at this Premier Inn for 2 nights to attend a wedding nearby. Warm welcome from reception staff. Room clean, warm and comfortable as is usual at a Premier Inn. The bathroom was spotless.

Slept well as could not hear the traffic on the busy road outside. The double glazing must be good.

Had a continental breakfast a the Brewers Fayre restaurant across the car park the next morning. It was adequate.

Got back in the evening after a long day at the wedding to find that our room had not been cleaned - the bed was unmade, there were no clean towels, bathroom had not been cleaned, coffee tray had not been replenished. Had to go to reception to fetch some towels.

On checking out the next morning, we mentioned that our room had not been cleaned and was told they'd make a note of it for housekeeping... No apology - disappointed really that the staff did not seem concerned about this at all.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. Im sorry to say the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the good nights sleep promised was a big no no and not at all... this was due to the noise from inconsiderate other guests and the extremly uncomfortable bed. On checking out the staff in reception Im sad to say had the friendliness and personality of a plank of wood. Im sorry to say I would not remommend this hotel at all. However, on a positive note the breakfast was 5 star plus excellent staff excellent choices and I can't fault it.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Oldham Central Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing stay with us recently due to noise disruptions from other guests and the discomfort of your bed.

We aim to ensure every stay with us is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion. Please be assured I have passed your comments on to the Manager of the hotel as well as the team members responsible for monitoring and managing noise incidents to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I'm also sorry to read that you found the beds to be uncomfortable. We have Hypnos beds in all of our hotels which are high quality and super comfortable beds. If you do have any problems during future stays, please do speak with the Reception Team as they're on hand 24/7 to assist our guests and would have been happy to provide an extra duvet/mattress topper to help or reallocated your room to ensure a comfortable stay.

Once again I am sorry for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you back to one of our other hotels in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed November 14, 2016

I visited this hotel for a Saturday night to see the mighty AFC Wimbledon play Oldham Athletic. The hotel is literally two minutes walk from Oldham's ground and the 'away supporter's pub' is the on-site Clayton Green. Very convenient. The hotel itself is a good example of a Premier Inn; very reasonably priced (I booked a month in advance) and the room was spotlessly clean and fresh. The staff were polite and courteous. The advert always says you will get a good night sleep, guaranteed. I did here. I heard no noise and was not disturbed. What more can you ask? The only thing that was disappointing was the football. A 'bore draw'. At least we went home refreshed, and with a point. If we survive in League 1, I will be back next season.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the back of the hotel looking out onto fields, very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2016

The hotel has a modern, fresh feel to it and is very comfortable. Hotel check-in was very welcoming and smooth, gentleman receptionist was extremely hospitable. Plenty of parking and good restaurants around.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business