“Very good value for money”

Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Bus stops outside hotel ideal for trip into Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here midweek. Clean and tidy hotel, staff friendly always a hello and welcome as you walk through door. Beefeater next door is nice with good selection of food and drinks. Breakfast is excellent and good choice. Clean towells and linen in rooms and shower was good.

The bed wasnt that comfortable and being on the lower level i could here the room or landing above me quite loud but this didnt ruin our stay.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

the room was lovely, large and comfy, we only stayed for 1 night but would of happily stayed for a few more. we stayed on a friday night and were in a room which the windows opened out on to the main road, this wasnt a problem for us as the traffic was quiet, however it may get noisy in rush hours. however i would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The purpose of our visit was- a concert at the MEN arena, which was a short train journey away - and the train station, a 5min walk just down from the hotel, was only £1.90 each way, and took 7 mins. Our room was typical of a premier inn, spotlessly clean, comfortable and well stocked with towels, tea and coffee, hand and shower jel, the Receptionist Lynda was still in training, and i found her helpful, friendly and did her job well. We had booked the £22 meal deal and had a beautiful 3 course meal with a small glass of wine, which was also lovely, the service was perfect and our waitress i believe her name was Chloe was attentive without being intrusive, she was professional at her job and very informative. We had a night cap at the bar when we arrived back from the concert after catching the last train at 11.20pm we arrived just in time to catch last orders as the bar closed at 11.45pm, the bar staff were friendly and asked if we had had a good night at the concert. Breakfast was also typical of the Premier Inn with everything you need for breakfast and more, again we were served by Chloe. We have had a wonderful weekend away, and are going back to this hotel for the next concert.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Where to begin! We stayed here towards the end of Feb this year and I must say this is the worst experience we've ever had at a hotel both during our stay and afterwards also.

We were unaware prior to arrival that in order to pay cash you had to also give them a copy of your passport, drivers licence, etc - this info doesn't appear anywhere on your confirmation but apparently is tucked away in the mass of T&Cs. More irritating however, was the Deputy GM on the desk at the time, pausing for several mintues, looking us both up & down (several times), pursing his lips, tutting, and then after several appraising & withering looks before deciding he can after all trust us to pay him to stay in his hotel. I've stayed in dozens of hotels and have NEVER been made to feel like a criminal for handing over my money to someone!

We had the worst and most uncomfortable night's sleep we've ever experienced in any hotel. The room was far far too hot, even with the window open as wide as possible from the second we got in. The air-con in the room didn't work so we couldn't get the room to cool down at all.

To top it all off, after being unable to get to sleep until about 4am due to the heat (it was more a case of we passed out from exhaustion) we were then woken up between 7am & 8am by the thunderous noise of the bar (owned by Premier Inn) emptying the bottles from the night before for over half an hour! Quite why it had to be done at that time, I cannot work out. My girlfriend and I both work in high positions for hotels ourselves and have never in either our careers worked anywhere that would be so inconsiderate to wake their guests up in this manner.

To make matters worse, a complaint I made about the above issues was not responded to until TWO weeks later. When it was, the response was patronising, rude, and basically accused us of making the issues up. They ignored most of the complaint itself, and the things they did bother to respond to they'd not actually read properly. For example, our issue with the room being too hot and the air-con not working was met with a response that 'no other guest since has had a problem getting the heater on' - considering our problem was the room was too HOT, why would we complain we couldn't get the heater on?!

We are also told that the issue with the bottles 'definately didn't happen' - it would seem we both 'imagined' the ear-drum shattering clanging of the bottles for over half an hour! As I've mentioned above, we both work for hotels and as such know EXACTLY what bottles being emptied sounds like, having heard it hundreds of times over the past few years!

I was told we wouldn't get a refund - which I never mentioned nor asked for in my complaint - a further indication of what this company truely cares about.

I have since replied, including to their head office stating I am still unhappy with the stay and now even more so with their repsonse to our complaint. Six weeks later however, still no reply (or even an acknowledgment they're looking into the issue) from the hotel or their head office.

Appalling hotel, and an even worse company. I genuinely pity anyone who stays here or at any Premier Inn. We never will again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MancMonkee81
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the problems with your stay and the response from the hotel and head office.

I understand that you have since been contacted by a senior member of the Guest Relations Team at head office and I trust that this conversation has resolved your complaint to your full satisfaction.

In your review our cash ID policy is mentioned and whilst I apologise for your negative experience, the policy was implemented for guests and staff safety following difficulties caused by individuals who paid by cash and gave false contact details.

I hope that your faith in Premier Inn has now been restored and I look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed for one night whilst visiting family. Excellent value for money, room spotless, service excellent. Ate in the restaurant attached to Premier Inn. Food was good, asked for a large glass of Pinot Grigio and actually was served with a small glass of something else. No problem really as only charged for small glass. When the bill came our coffee had not been added to the bill so we asked for another bill with the coffee added. Staff friendly at all times.

The only problem we found was the traffic noise throughout the night. Our room faced the front. Kept us awake for most of the night. It was hardly the guaranteed quality sleep promised in all the brochures. Felt strongly however that on this one occasion we would not complain about it as the value was excellent. Next time we know to ask for a room at the back!

Please be aware when using satnav that upon entering the postcode given in the confirmation of booking form we ended up nowhere near Oldham Broadway and had to stop and ask directions which was frustrating.

Would gladly use the Premier Inn again as long as we can guarantee a room at the back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that our team ensured that you were well looked after during your stay. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

My 9 tr old son and I stayed here before the Man U v Man C game...the one with the greatest Rooney goal ever.
We arrived late evening and our room was ready warm and hot water no problem as stated here before.
Staff are so good at premier inns... I always feel welcome and comfortable...they're better than some posh hotels I've stayed at. Breakfast was spot on at the beefeater next door..great for the start of a match day.
I have one small problem and this is directed at premier inn and not this hotel.... We arrived later I was able to have a cup of tea but my son wanted a hot chocolate but they dont provide a sachet only tea and coffee at premier inn hotels....surely a hot chocolate sachet would help you get a better nights sleep....pass this on to your bosses please.. :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were comfortable and well looked after. Thanks for your feedback regarding the hot chocolate this has been passed to the Marketing Team for their consideration. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
2 mi away
247Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 11 in Oldham
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel? Share your experiences!