All reviews executive room crompton suite wedding planner ashton under lyne good size christmas party lovely hotel bar staff car park buffet style two night stay hotel bar mr mrs etihad stadium saturday night short stay food was lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Lovely clean and friendly place. Only stayed one night. Lovely bar area. The food looked nice. Only downside was that there seemed a shortage of staff. Did not have breakfast, was a bit expensive. Came back late but no one on reception. The bar was closed.

Room tip: We had ground floor, very spacious and spotless.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Natalie B, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Oldham Smokies Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thought the bar area was lovely. I am sorry you didn't feel there were enough staff on the night you stayed.

Our residents bar is open throughout the night and so I am surprised it was closed during your stay, I will look into this for you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

What a great hotel! I was greeted on arrival by a very pleasant gentleman. My room was nice, a good size compared to most hotel rooms and the bed comfortable. I ate in the bar both nights and the food was fantastic, it arrived quickly and there was a great selection to choose from. Breakfast was good too. My only small gripe about this hotel was the parking, the bays are very small and the car park can be a bit tight. what struck me most overall was the staff, very pleasant and cheerful. I would visit again if in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Natalie B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Manchester Oldham Smokies Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Hi Jeoff,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our reception team and our new head chef who I am sure will be delighted with your feedback.

I hope that you visit again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We normally stay here at least once a year to visit family. We even had the same room as last year. Very comfortable bed and large. Lots of parking. We had a room at the front and had no problem sleeping even though there was a “do” on. Watching people parking was quite fascinating as so many couldn’t park and one chap reversed nearly 20 times! Staff are so friendly and helpful. Lovely country park within walking distance.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Room ok but bed not comfortable. Restaurant too small for size of hotel meant queues for tables and food at breakfast. Drinks were overpriced. Would recommend requesting a room at the back as ours was at the front and we were kept awake by guests waiting for taxis till after 2am

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natalie B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Manchester Oldham Smokies Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a valued review. I am sorry that you faced a queue at breakfast time, at certain times our breakfast can be quiet busy at the weekends. We are in the process of implementing a traffic light system to help advise our guests of the best times to attend breakfast to avoid a queue.

I am very sorry that you were kept awake by guests from our function. I would indeed recommend requesting a quiet room on arrival so that we can ensure that a room is allocated away from any parties. It is sometimes difficult for us to know which guests are attending events and so any information provided prior to arrival will help us to allocate the best possible rooms for our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We’re to start room was lovely food was amazing are room was so cozy from start to finish everything went to plan. Big thank you to Jody an team you work so hard t make sure everything went well you are so bubbly an enjoy your work.anyone getting married Jody is your lady to make sure your wedding runs well everyone really enjoyed there day thankyou.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Kiah,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed the wedding and found the food to be amazing. I will pass on your comments to the chef.

I will also pass on your comments to Jody, I am sure she will be delighted with such positive feedback.

Natalie