“people beawre poor customer service very bad attitude by receptionist called stell. room was okay.”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Oldham
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

i would definitely not use this hotel again. the service is very poor at the reception lady called stell had a very bad attitude not with only myself but customers who arrived for a wedding. i have bin told by herself that they keep both(passport and driving license) of my ids for 6 years asked why she replied for any inquires which instantly i knew she dose not have a clue about data base protection act. the rooms and atmosphere

Room Tip: executive rooms could do with touch ups and air conditioners. this hotel keeps ur id for 6 years whi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Younis K
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I always like to give an honest reply to my guests reviews, as I feel it is important to learn from our mistakes and make all guests aware of what we are doing to rectify them.

On this occasion, I feel your comments are not an accurate picture of what actually happened. Stef is my Reception Team Leader and is very good at her job. We do have to take copies of guests I.D's, when they pay cash and keep them on file. This is our company procedure and has always been in place. We have to protect ourselves and all guests in the hotel, which means full clarity of ID is required when paying by cash.

I would also have to dispute your comments regarding her bad attitude towards you and other wedding guests. I have investigated the situation with Stef and reviewed our CCTV and found that when you checked in and out, there were no other guests present in reception. We did have a large wedding on the night in question and I worked that shift until 3am in the morning and then again the following day. The wedding was a great success and we have not had a single complaint form any of the guests.

I am sorry that you took offence in having to have a copy of your ID taken and kept on file but I feel Stef dealt with the situation in a professional manner.

I take guest feedback very seriously and investigate all points raised each time myself, enabling me to deliver a clear and rounded response.

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Pleasant and helpful reception staff, which is a basic but really important customer service. Bedroom needs a bit of an upgrade, though I understand hotel is undergoing a cyclical refurbishment. A good power shower is really a basic requirement but the shower in my room was old, feeble and fixed-head, so essentially useless. Would recommend that all bathrooms are upgraded to a decent shower as a priority.

Suggestion: it would be helpful if the hotel could provide a road number as well as postcode for sat navs - I ended up in Oldham town centre!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that the team looked after you and were helpful. You are right that this should be a basic requirement but I am pleased that we do it well, as I know, as a customer, that many businesses do not.

I am sorry that your shower & bathroom were not one of our refurbished ones. As you mentioned, we are carrying out a refurbishment program and have just had the sign off from the owner for a further 6 new bathrooms.

I will look into the road number issue and will use it if there is one. I really don't want our guests getting lost before they arrive.

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay very helpful & pleasant staff loved the room very comfy bed hot shower loads of complementory
items especially the bottles of water left every day in the room really enjoyed the breakfast too. I would gladly stay again

2 Thank annietbooth
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I will share with the team your kind comments about the service, the comfort of the room and breakfast. I'm glad you enjoyed you stay and the complimentary bottled water each day.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again soon

lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very clean nice rooms the bathroom was a little bit tired but had been re-tiled recently
The staff were professional and friendly.
The breakfast was good. My only complaint was You had to walk up to the bar to get a cup of tea or coffee and I felt it was a bit dangerous people walking Around carrying hot beverages. We much prefer a pot on the table!
The sauna was not working though I am sure they Would switch it on on request and the size of the gym.. It was tiny. 4 people in it and it would be overcrowded.

• Stayed May 2013
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to keep all rooms to the same standard, which is a never ending job. We had 5 rooms painted this month, with new curtains, cushions and bed runners. Our bathrooms are all reviewed and worked on to make sure them remain fresh and clean.

I will pass on your comments about the self service style tea and coffee set up. We run this style at the weekend due to the high volume of guests all coming to breakfast at the same time(normally after a night out). Thanks for letting me know your view on this

The sauna and steam room are not on unless requested and am sorry that you were not informed of this. We do this to be "Green", as it is a waste to have them on all the time when often they are only used by a few guests

Gatlinburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough of Smokies. The rooms are excellent, large, clean, with such comfy beds.

The staff here were brilliant, we received a free upgrade and allowed to check in slightly early. The food was excellent in the restaurant and quite good value for money.

The bar here stays open all night if you want it too. We had a few drinks til 1am, then back to the room to watch a DVD.

Thanks again smokies, we will be back.

Dear Reviewer

You kindly thanked us at the end of your review which means so much. We genuinely care about our hotel and its guest. I have been a hotel manager for 15 years and have never worked along side such as team as I do now.

I will pass on your kinds words to all the team

Look forward to seeing you again

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Did not stay at the hotel but booked a large table in the restaurant to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday, which was a surprise. From booking he table an date, the staff could not have be move helpful. I was able to chose my own menu with 4 choices for each course, which I emailed to everyone which was really helpful. Arrived for the meal the staff were lovely really helpful, can not praise the food enough out of the 28 meals there's was only 1 smallish complaint, one steak was over cooked. The starters, mains and pudding were all wonderful, everyone was very impressed.

The cost per head was £ 20.00 per head, which was excellent value for money, would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jonathan30
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear eat@smokies reviewer

Thank for choosing to eat@smokies. We are very proud of our new restaurant and it is so rewarding to hear such fantastic feedback. I am especially pleased with the comments from a table of 28.

We will always do our best to cater to the wishes of the guests. We have a fantastic main menu, daily specials but are more than happy to make a special menu for large groups.

Hope to see you again soon

Rochdale, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had my hen night at the Diamonds and Denim Dallas night on Saturday and it was absolutely fantastic!
The food was delicious, great choice of drinks and the entertainment was absolutely hilarious! Everyone in my party loved it and it was the best hen night i could have hoped for! A massive thanks to everyone at the hotel who helped organise and run the event. Please don't tone it down, i've never laughed so much!
we will definitely be back for any similar events! Haha ;)
A few of us also stayed over and the rooms were lovely. Well decorated and extremely clean.
Breakfast was also delicious and we had a great laugh with the staff
Absolutely brilliant, thank you for a brilliant and oh so very memorable night!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Diamond & Dallas Ladies night reviewer

Well, it sounds like you had a fantastic night. We love hosting such events and it is great to hear that they are enjoyed. You need to come open minded as they are outrageous, funny and naughty but it is great to let your hair down.

I am pleased that you also liked your bedroom, finding it well decorated and extremely clean.

Very impressed to hear that you made it down to breakfast after a heavy and guessing late night.

We run a variety of events all year round, the next being our Casino night on the 7th June. The year finishes with our fantastic "Narnia Icecapades" running throughout December.

Hope we see you again soon

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
The Victoria Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,482 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!