“Relatively good value”

Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Staff were very pleasant. I had a very enjoyable evening meal and the room was basic but fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. I am pleased to hear that you thought it was good value for money and that you enjoyed your meal. We do our best to keep competitive, whilst delivering a great product and the service to match. I do hope to see you again at Hotel Smokies Park.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Smokies Park

Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and i are renewing our vows after 25years married,we booked for 15 to have a meal at the lunch time after the ceremony,we paid deposits of £85 and were looking forward to it only to be phoned up last week and told the resaurant does not open on a saturday lunch time.we were told that vicky would be consulted to see if something could be sorted out as it was for a special occasion,i recieved a phone call the following day and was told we could go saturday evening or sunday lunch time which is totaly no use to us what so ever.We went down to get our deposits back and were told that vicky had left a month ago and that the menu we were given was not the correct one to start with,we were not happy at this at all and luckily we have managed to book in somewhere else with it only being 3weeks off,very very disapointed with smokies. mr & mrs mottram.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Firstly i must apologise for letting you down on your important day. I have investigated the issues concerning your booking and feel that due to poor communication, we let you down, for which i am truely sorry. Had I been better informed before we canceled your booking then a different outcome would have resulted. I am sorry that you have to go to the trouble of finding an alternative venue at such a late hour. I do hope you enjoyed your day and will be in contact personally to discuss the issue in more detail. Once again, thank you for making me aware of the issues and can only apolgise for the inconvienence caused.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Our room had a brand new bathroom which was a nice surprise. However we were disappointed with breakfast which was limited and not in the restaurant but a function room. Everyone had to sit at big round tables which was not ideal and the selection of food was poor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to see that you were impressed with your room and felt it was good value for money. Regarding the breakfast service, we have taken on board the feedback and no longer serve breakfast in the function room. We now use the restaurant and have improved the product and service. I have recently been appointed as general manager and given this my personal attention. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again soon at Hotel Smokies Park

Reviewed October 30, 2011

stayed one night with my boyfriend, had a fantastic time. lovely comfy bed, very clean hotel, great bar and fantastic sauna and steam room. would definately stay again. friendly and helpful staff. absolute bargain!!! :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela C
GM_SmokiesOldham, Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Smokies Park. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We have a fantastic program of events on over Christmas and New Year, which still has some availability should you wish to book

Reviewed October 11, 2011

well what can i say myself and 3 friends went to the ladies night not been before its was best night we have had can i thank smokies for the lovely food we had and we enjoyed the strippers to i know its not everybodys scene but its just fun we are looking forward to going on the next ladies night .Eileen .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank 50glad
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed at Smokies for a family wedding. The bedroom was comfortable with a large bed and easy chairs. The service was friendly and helpful. The wedding breakfast was good and the organisation faultless. We had a brilliant time and would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Hotel Smokies Park and the wedding your attended. We pride ourselves on delivering top quality service to all our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Oldham

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Got to reception. Poor service. Seemed to look at me as though I wanted a room for free, even though I already booked. We were allocated room 123 which is on the ground floor . When we got to the room, We realised that it was right next to the bar. So I asked reception to give us a room elsewhere. She said no other rooms were available. It's not such a problem when you are awake and watching TV. But when we got to sleep, around 1.30AM I was awoken by loud talking and singing . It was a nightmare. I blocked my ears with tissue paper but still I couldn't get to sleep. I would advise people to take earplugs or headphones and listen to pleasant music. Several times I even contemplated going to my car and sleeping in there.

I got locked out of my room, so I went to reception to get a key. The lady receptionist did not even look up. Carried on with some paperwork. I coughed to try to get her attention. But no luck. Luckily one of the other receptionist came out of an office. She served us and the other receptionist was aware of our presence.

On the positive side, the waitress at the Brasserie was very friendly and helpful. The food was good.

I would advise people not to go to this hotel unless they can guarantee a room which is not near the bar or nightclub. Make sure you don't take room 123.

Room Tip: Ask if wedding, birthday, etc parties are going on. Ask for a quiet room room away from the bar. B...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sun058
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Denshaw
247Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 11 in Oldham

Been to Best Western Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!