“WOULD NEVER GO BACK!”
Review of 247Hotel

247Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the past, and do not usually complain, but this was so bad that I had to let others know! Our room was mucky with splash marks up the wall and on the carpet, the seat was covered in marks and so was the bedding. There was a drawer missing and no doors on the wardrobe and the mattress was hard. The lights were dim and flickered and everything looked like it needed a really good re-vamp. We booked to have the Full Breakfast the following morning and when we went down the waitress didn't even say "Good morning" she just shouted across the restaurant "Come to the counter to pay" even though we had already paid the night before. The breakfast consisted of under cooked bacon, sausages that looked like they had been cooked a week ago, rubber mushrooms, a raw tomato, cold scrambled egg and beans. The toaster did not work properly so you either ended up with bread or burnt toast. The coffee machine only filled the mug half full and the waitress clearly did not want to be there. I have worked for many years in a restaurant so know what good customer service should be like. Whilst we waited for the lift on our way to check out, a member off staff rudely asked what room we had left and when I replied she told us to wait where we were while she checked it! I'm sorry but we are not some young yobs who would trash the place, but even if we had you probably wouldn't notice a difference. The only plus was that for the few minutes we spoke to them, to check in/out, the reception staff were very friendly and polite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are deeply sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not the standard we wish to deliver to our customers. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen in the future. We are also in the process of upgrading the hotel facilities. We do hope to see you again and will strive to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay next time!

There are newer reviews for 247Hotel

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was awful and I will not be going back. Upon arriving there the staff kept asking for an additional £50 which we apparently owed- I made her aware on a number of occasions that I had already paid this over the telephone and eventually she accepted my answer. The lady at reception was so away with the fairies and slow I don’t think she understood what was going on. One of the pull out beds was SO bad and lumpy that we requested another one and eventually this was changed (and so it should be for the additional £50 we paid for it.)

The breakfast was absolutely disgusting; the food tasted so cheap and horrible. Someone on the table next to us even found mould on the bacon! At night time the staff were going round all the rooms putting their ear to peoples doors and if they could hear them talking they would give them a ‘first and last warning.’ They gave the room opposite us a warning and we couldn’t even hear them talking which proves how ridiculous this is; I can understand if people were playing loud music but that was not the case. The room itself wasn’t too bad and was clean which was good, although we did have to request more towels and bedding. Overall I would not go back to this hotel if someone paid me – the staff are terrible and the food is absolutely disgusting. I guess you get what you pay for!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me and my dad stayed at this hotel for 1 night and couldn't fault it the rooms were very clean toilets did NOT smell they were fresh clean staff were very polite and kind very helpful enjoyed every minute

• Stayed: June 2013
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. We loved having you and would love to have you back anytime. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Staff called James greeted us very rude to talk to and also started using bad language had my kids with me which wasn't very nice I won't be going back there never again. The rooms had mice creaking around even in the lobby's if u want a cheap hotel this is the one but I wouldn't recommend to any one

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Trojan1986
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We are deeply sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not the standard we wish to deliver to our customers. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen in the future. 247Hotel.com is a family owned business which does not tolerate bad language. I do apologise for any ill experience you endured and we will deal with this matter very seriously. We are also in the process of upgrading the hotel facilities. We do hope to see you again and will strive to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay next time!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Loved it ... will defo stay again . Very clean and nice views from the windows . Great staff .. Really nice food and value for money . Great nights sleep. Best Hotel in Manchester by far and will be telling all my family about this hotel .

Room Tip: Excellent !!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. We loved having you and would love to have you back anytime. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Awful location (didn't feel safe), didn't want to leave the car due to undesireables loitering around the area, dirty room, stained bedding, drawers missing from furniture and dirty stained walls! Cooked breakfast i wouldn't feed my dog. On the plus side pleasant and friendly staff although a little "dizzy!"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We are deeply sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not the standard we wish to deliver to our customers. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen in the future. I can assure you that the carpark is safe. We have CCTV in all the carparks and we have not had any issues. We are also in the process of upgrading the hotel facilities. We do hope to see you again and will strive to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay next time!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at 247 Hotel for only one night, but that was enough for us! We had two rooms booked for a very reasonable price. Check in was good and the staff seemed happy. However, our keys to the rooms were very unreliable - we had to trek back upto reception to have them re-issued. The sheets in the other room were dirty and had several marks on them. The rooms were very basic - only given one towel for a family room, no wardrobe doors, broken furniture etc.The breakfast is reasonably good - £5 for a full breakfast and cereal/fruit/yoghurt but it isn't anything to look back on as remarkable. The staff overall were helpful but only had to bother them when things went wrong!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
James R, Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We are deeply sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not the standard we wish to deliver to our customers. I'm deeply sorry you had problems with your key card, we will get the equipment serviced to ensure it is full operational and malfunctions like this does not happen again. As for the lack of towels in the bedroom, that is not the normal and we will ensure all measures will be taken to ensure the correct number of towels are placed in the rooms. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen in the future. We are also in the process of upgrading the hotel facilities. We do hope to see you again and will strive to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay next time!