“Fine for the money”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Visited with my wife in advance for Mothers Day with eldest son ,his partner and Grandson.We hadn't booked but girl on front desk was very helpful and suggested we get a drink whilst she sorted out a table for us.We were duly seated and asked if we required drinks which we did and these arrived quickly.We then ordered starters for the adults and a child's meal for grandson and asked that his meal came at the same time as our starters.delighted to say this did happen and we were then given our main course after starters were cleared away.Have to say the starters we selected were first class with 2 of us having potato skins and 2 having spicy meatballs.The mains were also good with 2 having Italian burgers ,1 having BBQ burgers and 1 having chicken/bacon salad.We were asked if we required any extras such as coleslaw and mayo and these were brought to us as requested.Lastly we all plumped for the Peanut butter sundae as the dessert and this was absolutely delicious.All in all a great time was had and the food was fine.Would certainly visit again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Took ages to get seated, no atmosphere. Good 10 minutes before taking drinks order. Wobbly tables and cold food!!! Then got served chicken penne romana without the chicken!! On second go of romana there was spaghetti in with penne. Food was grey and chips hard.Worst Frankie and Benny's I've been to!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The children's meals were pretty good, however the adult ones were average. Service poor, 10 minutes to be seated, 10 minutes for a drink, 35 minutes for desserts. Without a special offer available this place charges the prices of a quality restaurant. So if you want to spend your money on quality food there are lots of better places nearby.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

No atmosphere or friendly service here put on a table close to the door handy for quick exit. No explanation of menus very clinical ordered chicken strips with honey and mustard dip got burnt nuggets and tomato ketchup main course pasta with a side of ciabatta. Pasta was burnt on the top and warm at the bottom suggesting microwave and a grilling? Ciabatta was still frozen it got changed but j had eaten the pasta so a little pointless no apology no reduction in cost and for me no return visit

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had visited a few times recently, and the service has gradually dropped every time we went. First time I visited, I'd asked if I could have a cajun chicken burger, instead of the beef burger on the menu, and the manager was very helpful, and offered me either a chicken burger, or the southern fried strips instead.
However, the time before last, 1 of the drinks was wrong, all of the meals were wrong, and whilst we were being served, the waiter was talking to people on the table opposite us, and ignored us, which was a bit rude.
The last time we went, at first the (diffferent from the first time) manager said she wouldn't do the chicken strips instead of the beef burger, although she did change her mind when we said we'd cancel the whole order. She then tried to explain that two chicken strips cost significantly more than one burger, which is debatable, but certainly not by a fiver, which was how much extra they were trying to charge!
I fully accept that they are allowed to charge what they like, but I think it's poor management from the manageress who could have done the chicken instead of the beef to keep the customer happy, but not this time.
I won't be going back, as I don't know if it will be the friendly, helpful manager who'll be on, or the slightly jobsworth manager. And sorry, I'm not paying £11.99 for 2 chicken strips, when a beef burger is £6.99.
Some of the staff are very friendly, some not so. Again, the lack of consistency is a bit off-putting.
I will also add that this is the Pilsworth site, and not the F&Bs at the Rock in Bury.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury also viewed