“Worst Frankie and Benny's I've been to”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Frankie and Benny's I've been to”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Took ages to get seated, no atmosphere. Good 10 minutes before taking drinks order. Wobbly tables and cold food!!! Then got served chicken penne romana without the chicken!! On second go of romana there was spaghetti in with penne. Food was grey and chips hard.Worst Frankie and Benny's I've been to!

• Visited March 2014

Bury, United Kingdom
“A lot better places for the money”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The children's meals were pretty good, however the adult ones were average. Service poor, 10 minutes to be seated, 10 minutes for a drink, 35 minutes for desserts. Without a special offer available this place charges the prices of a quality restaurant. So if you want to spend your money on quality food there are lots of better places nearby.

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Awful place avoid”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

No atmosphere or friendly service here put on a table close to the door handy for quick exit. No explanation of menus very clinical ordered chicken strips with honey and mustard dip got burnt nuggets and tomato ketchup main course pasta with a side of ciabatta. Pasta was burnt on the top and warm at the bottom suggesting microwave and a grilling? Ciabatta was still frozen it got changed but j had eaten the pasta so a little pointless no apology no reduction in cost and for me no return visit

• Visited November 2013
Bury, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had visited a few times recently, and the service has gradually dropped every time we went. First time I visited, I'd asked if I could have a cajun chicken burger, instead of the beef burger on the menu, and the manager was very helpful, and offered me either a chicken burger, or the southern fried strips instead.
However, the time before last, 1 of the drinks was wrong, all of the meals were wrong, and whilst we were being served, the waiter was talking to people on the table opposite us, and ignored us, which was a bit rude.
The last time we went, at first the (diffferent from the first time) manager said she wouldn't do the chicken strips instead of the beef burger, although she did change her mind when we said we'd cancel the whole order. She then tried to explain that two chicken strips cost significantly more than one burger, which is debatable, but certainly not by a fiver, which was how much extra they were trying to charge!
I fully accept that they are allowed to charge what they like, but I think it's poor management from the manageress who could have done the chicken instead of the beef to keep the customer happy, but not this time.
I won't be going back, as I don't know if it will be the friendly, helpful manager who'll be on, or the slightly jobsworth manager. And sorry, I'm not paying £11.99 for 2 chicken strips, when a beef burger is £6.99.
Some of the staff are very friendly, some not so. Again, the lack of consistency is a bit off-putting.
I will also add that this is the Pilsworth site, and not the F&Bs at the Rock in Bury.

• Visited November 2013
“Rubbish”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been in a few times. One of those places you end up in with a group.

The food is consistently poor, the service is sub standard and I've never been in without at least one meal being sent back.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury also viewed

Whitefield, Bury