“hit and miss!!!”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Visited a few weeks ago, the starter was fantastic i asked for extra garlic and wasnt let down, the main was so so not very hot, very dry chicken, i got very annoyed by the manager who persisted to clean cutlery with a cloth an throw it in the cutlery holder which resulted in a ear piercing noice which when sat 1 table away from her makes eating your food very very stressful and meant we couldnt carry on our conversation until she had done.. she even made eye contact with us and watched us with our fingers in our ears and yet still carried on. waiter is always very friendly. this place has potential but small things let it down even though the small things are what matters... oh and the waffle was seriously rock hard and my daughters choc fudge brownie was rock solid aswell and was sent back as it could have broke a tooth...

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I cannot praise this place enough. We love the food and the service is excellent. Love the atmosphere and the staff are really nice. Just wish I could afford to eat out more often!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is part of a chain that is not synonymous with quality, but still this is disappointing. Quality is pretty poor even by chain restaurant standards and service is little better. All the food was lukewarm and despite the meal deals, not worth it. The lack of customers tells its own story.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Eight days ago we went to this so called resaurant for dinner with our mother. The staff were on us like a rash not giving us a moment to settle down and have a good look at the menu.
We had to ask for the music to be turned down, it was so loud we could not hear each other speak. We ordered our meals, when the starters arrived they looked ok ish, the problem was the desert, my wife and myself ordered waffles, we have NEVER seen or tasted anything so repulsive in our live. The waffles were rock hard - stail - in fact we had a hard job cutting into it. I informed the waiter, he just shrugged his shoulders and said he would remove them from my bill.
While we were sat at our table eating, a waiter (We think was the manager) dropped his tray with deserts on it, he picked up the tray walked into the back area and throw his tray into the kitchen. The icecream remained on the floor for a good 20 mins, another waiter whiped it up (Good job no one slipped on it) the glass icecream container then remained on the floor for about another 15 mins. The person who dropped all of this on the floor kept on stepping over the glass and mess, he NEVER made any attempt to clean it up. (Maybe he thought it was below him to do so) We visit Bury about every two weeks to see our mother, we will never go to this place again, I advise people to keep well clear of this so called resaurant.

1  Thank Mashamduo
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This F&B is around my place, so I was happy that I have my fav restaurant just few minutes away from me. I understand that ppl can have a bad day, so after first not the best visit there I decide to come back and now I know that was my LAST visit there. As i said in other F&B feedback this place for me is mean excellent pizza, specific ketchup that I love and cosmopolitan pitcher and sticky waffles, non of fav dishes was like in other F&B places. Sorry to say but I will never go back there.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Bury also viewed

Whitefield, Bury