“Lovely place ...”

Stone's Cafe Bar
Ranked #4 of 413 Restaurants in Bury
Cuisines: Cafe, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are situated approximately a mile outside of Bury,opposite Fairfield Hospital. There is free customer only parking for up to 12 cars at the rear of the property. Cash, debit cards and most major credit cards accepted. We serve a range of meals including breakfast, lunch, Sunday roasts, main meals, hot & cold buffet (in house or off site). Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Also hot and cold beverages including coffees, teas and alcohol.All the food is freshly prepared, and there are a sele ction of home made food cakes & Afternoon Teas (Traditional, Prosecco & Hot)
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Found on Trip Advisor ... went along to try out for Sunday breakfast. Very nicely decorated, clean, staff friendly and attentive. Menu is very reasonably priced too. It was very quiet though, we were there around 11-12pm. A lovely place to take your family for breakfast or lunch, will definitely go back.

Thank Pamela and Davi... E
Karen S, Owner at Stone's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

We are pleased that you found us on Trip Advisor and had an enjoyable breakfast experience on Sunday.

We are generally really busy on Sunday breakfast and booking is highly recommended to avoid disappointment in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have been at least 6 times now & feel after my recent visit, it could be my last. I do have several issues but this is my main complaint. The food is ok but I really object to being squashed on a little table in the middle of a not overwarm room expecting 3 of us to eat a meal. When asked if we could move to one of the vacant tables set for 4 we were told it was coming up to their busy time & they wanted to keep them free for people who clearly had not pre-booked. My question to the owners is, surely it is better to ensure the customers who do come in (& pre-book) have a good experience & come back, than save tables for the hypothetical ones just in case? Incidentally, the tables set for 4 were still free when we left!

5  Thank Barbara D

It saddens me that you have visited us 6 times previously yet you have only decided to write a review on this occasion.

As you are aware the restaurant has limited seating for up to 46 people on the lower tables and 12 seats on the higher tables.

Our lunchtime periods are generally extremely busy where we regularly need to utilise all the tables available.

We need to ensure that we seat our guests according to the size of their party to avoid disappointing other guests. For example, if all the tables of 4 are being used by parties of 2 or 3 where could a party of 4 sit?

We appreciate your frustration on this occasion, particulary as you had booked a table and the table set for 4 was not used whilst you were dinning.

If you have any further niggles which you wish to address, please feel free to call into the restaurant or contact me directly via phone 0161-763-4754 or email karen@stonescafebar.co.uk.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I visited Stones for the first time today with my mum who had been previously with my dad. I have Coeliac disease (as does my dad) and generally don't enjoy eating out due to lack of options in many places. Stones, however, was fantastic. The range of gluten free choices were both appealing and numerous (and ultimately delicious) - very rare that I actually want to eat a gluten free option. The décor is so neutral and relaxing and the staff were fantastic. Attentive and accommodating and willing to go the extra mile. Prices excellent too. Even more impressive was the manager/owner taking the time to know our names. I'll certainly be heading back there again soon to try a new meal and would recommend Stones again and again. Thanks so much for a lovely afternoon - see you again soon!

1  Thank Laura S

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are so pleased that you appreciate our efforts to offer gluten free choices for our Coeliac customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visited with my parents and a real lovely lunch. Fresh ingredients, good portion sizes, tasty and very well presented. Lovely prosseco by the glass, had a second glass! Nice proper coffee and served by pleasant staff who are both friendly and efficient. A real good find and will definitely be back.

Karen S, Owner at Stone's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. It's good to know our caring staff are appreciated and that you enjoyed every aspect of your recent visit from the service to the food and sparkling wine provided.

We hope to make your day and welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We called mid afternoon on a miserable wet, grey Saturday. It was excellent value for money. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, the service was attentive and I loved the decor. £53 for three courses each plus drinks. Fabulous! Recommended.

Karen S, Owner at Stone's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Stone's Cafe Bar. We look forward to seeing you again soon.