“Not disappointed........!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife & I visited Al Bosco, for the second time, on 15 July. We dined early evening, before the expected full house later on. I must say that we were even more impressed this time, than previously - & that was excellent!. The ambience was just right, decor fresh, clean & bright. Our service was impeccable, from a number of attentive staff. We both plumped for mains of risotto - me seaford, my wife; musroom. Really awsome! Intend to be regular visitors when "itantian" is next up. Would seriously recommend. Not overly cheap (£21 each for 2 courses + drinks) but certainly worth it.

1  Thank lee michael d

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant last night with family - it was recommended to us. On arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our table and drinks order taken. We were quite a large group of 9, Grandad, daughters, husbands and grandkids...the food was superb (recommend the veal) and the garlic bread was to die for...one of our party was autistic and has a very selective palette, and he ate all his meal...!!! The desserts were fab too and an extensive range of liqueurs to choose from. The waiter was really nice, with a good sense of humour and great with the kids...it was a night to celebrate my Dad's birthday and we shall be returning very soon to celebrate all our other up and coming occasions...and a few cheeky romantic dinners for two thrown in for good measure...fabulous evening...we will be back.

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friends and I had a lovely lunch in Al Bosco today. I have not been there since it changed hands and then I wasn't impressed with the food. But ..the food was great and worth the money, the service was exceptional ( thanks to David and staff ) the atmosphere was lovely and so were the surroundings. We all really enjoyed the experience and shall definitely be back. Thank you everyone.

1  Thank jane52
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate here recently with my husband. Service great, food fab, reasonable prices! The antipasti starter to share was really good. Oh and the house white was gorgeous for the price. We'll definitely be back

1  Thank Sonia3110
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were highly recommended to visit this place. We decided to take our friends. On arrival were kept waiting as table not ready , were eventually seated half an hour after being there. After our order was eventually taken, we ordered more drinks and water this had to be asked for on three separate occasions from different staff.

We waited 35 min for our starters , the portion on the pate was very small, the toast was very hard as if toasted early in the day, No butter with toast.

Main course again after a long wait , chicken stuffed with mozerella and spinach very small portion and I was told that I was not getting veg due to us ordering chips but that wasn;t the case as the chips were a side order for another dish, the veg did arrive but on completion of eating the dish. pasta with chicken was extremely bland and dry. Cannelloni was fine.

Overall we probably wouldnt't go back as the bill was well over £100 and no desserts and I didn't feel that what we had justified this.