“Homecooked food such a great find!”
Review of The Black Bull

The Black Bull
Ranked #23 of 385 Restaurants in Bury
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chris, Christine and the team would like to welcome you to the Daniel Thwaites's Black Bull situated on the outskirts of Bury, close to Ainsworth Village. We believe in the traditional English Pub offering a warm and hospitable atmosphere, where you can meet up with family and friends, have a good chat and enjoy great service, Award winning ales and fantastic home-cooked English food from our friendly staff. Since taking over the pub in 2011, we have achieved an enviable reputation for great food, service & beer. This has been recognised by the fact that we have won several awards, including Thwaites Pub of the Year 2012 Thwaites Best Pint 2013 Great British Pub Awards Best Partnership Pub in the North West 2013 Great British Pub Awards Best Cellar in the North West 2012 Good Beer Guide Cask Marque accredited We have a Smoking Canopy and a Beer Garden at the rear of the car park which is stocked with lovely flowers throughout the summer. All major credit cards are accepted. Our motto is quite simple: "Real Ales, Real Food, Real Pub" We look forward to seeing you soon Chris & Christine
Radcliffe, United Kingdom
“Homecooked food such a great find!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was asked by two colleagues to join them for a catch up lunch at the Black Bull. I have driven past it hundreds of times but this was the first time I have been inside. Our drinks promptly arrived and we ordered our food. It took a little wait but was worth it. My fish and chips were very good and both my colleages had the homemade pie which they agreed was excellent. We were too full for desserts but from what I could see people at other tables looked happy with their choices. I will be returning here with my family in the near future.

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great service, will certainly be going again!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Quick and friendly service, the food was exceptional- very good choice on the menu and it came in no time! Would deffinetly recommend but make sure you book!

• Visited November 2013
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very nice pub with good food and friendly service. I am not a beer drinker but my dad very much enjoyed the cask ale. I have also been with my friends and everyone was very much satisfied. Keep up good work

• Visited September 2013
Bolton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Been for lunch today, very busy pub, was shown to a table and nothing was to much trouble for the staff. The food was brilliant we had roast beef and roast pork. Beautifully cooked. For pudding we had apple crumble and custard and sticky toffee pudding all home made and very tasty. Compliments to the chef. Will be recommending this pub to all our friends.

Visited November 2013
Bury, United Kingdom
“Another Great Meal”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We recently ate at this lovely pub and are slowly working our way through the menu! Tried the beef sandwich for lunch today with stilton,gravy and salad it was lovely. Visited 3 times now with family and extended family to celebrate a birthday and the service and food has been great each time.

• Visited October 2013