“40th birthday”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I took a party of 40 people to celebrate my 40th birthday and I have nothing but praise for the staff, the food and the price. I look forward to many more visits in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our 3rd visit since my last review and the first for 2 of our friends. It was nice to see the restaurant busy – 7.30 on a Saturday, so clearly the good reviews are being passed around. Our friends read up beforehand, on the types of dishes on offer so that they were “in the know” and the food didn’t disappoint.

Started off sharing a vegetarian and a meat platter which was delicious, followed by a range of noodle and rice orientated dishes, with a few side dishes. Food fresh, well presented and plentiful. Wine again reasonably priced, and Saigon beer flowed well. Enjoyable experience all round. Staff were really attentive and clearly pleased that their hard work is now being recognised – and rightly so.

Long may the Viet Village’s popularity continue.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times now and we have always been happy with the food and service. They now have Vietnamese baguettes and they are delicious.

1  Thank HanhTran
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went here on a Saturday evening and it was very quiet (it was 5.30). We ordered the frogs legs, fried noodles, shaking whiskey beef and the seafood sizzler. I really enjoyed the beef and noodles, but wasnt overly keen on the seafood. The service was very good and the prices were not bad. I would definitely give it a try!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from trying the Viet Village and we are pretty impressed. As other reviewers have pointed out the food is excellent and the service good without being over bearing though the decor is nothing to write home about. We had 2 Pho soups as starters, a Whisky Beef and Sizzling seafood with a portion of rice and another of noodles. Everything was delicious and plentiful.We also had 2 cokes and 3 beers. The grand total of the bill? £40.50. What a bargain!!
It was still quiet despite this being Saturday night and there were about another 6/7 tables occupied when we were in. (although at the end of Feb I guess lots of people are still paying off Xmas) I think the restaurant suffers from being slightly off the Rock on a side street where there is no footfall.It is so close to the Rock that you can see Debenhams through the window but with all the shops closed and no bars or other restaurants nearby there is no one around.
So please, if you value good food at reasonable prices just go and try it. Otherwise I fear it may be gone...