Not a bad stay but could have been a lot better.
1. Upon arrival at the car park you are greeted with a recorded message telling you that “car thieves operate in the area”. Most Welcoming!!
2. Strangely there is a massive amount of disabled parking at the front, in front of the 30 or so steps to the entrance of the hotel, with no visible signs of a disabled entrance or lift!
3. Checking was smooth and efficient except my morning paper didn’t arrive.
4. The room was adequate, clean with a comfortable bed but badly in need of a general update with outdated wall paper, fixtures & fittings, thought we had stepped back in time about 20 years. (think motorway travel lodges of the 1980’s)
5. The main problem was the noise, we were on the top floor but could not get to sleep due to the party place in the function room as the night went on the disco just got louder finally ending just before 1am – tried phoning the reception, they simply were not interested.
6. Leisure facilities are excellent and spotlessly clean even managed to swim a few lengths before breakfast.
7. Breakfast - again was Ok but not great, it was completely self service, including the tea and coffee which is rather poor for a 4 star facility. The food looked as if it had been sitting there a while and badly in need to a stir / refresh, not to much to ask I don’t think.
8. Check out was also poor, tried to charge me for a prepaid room and a paper that never arrived and then refused to give me a copy of the receipt. Probably all due to the receptionist being more interested in catching up on the gossip with her colleague rather than seeing to the customer in front of her.
9. Luckily the car was still there in the morning (see point 1)!!!
Would we stay here again, yes probably at a push (if the rate was right), but more for the leisure facilities than anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Manchester Bury is an ideal base for exploring the Pennines or for a relaxing family weekend. Shoppers will enjoy the Trafford Centre, and the famous Bury Market. You are also close to Manchester with its cosmopolitan array of attractions. Football enthusiasts could find it hard to miss a trip to Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Village Hotel Manchester Bury has 128 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Village Hotel Manchester Bury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel Manchester Bury Greater Manchester