“mixed! top breakfast.”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“mixed! top breakfast.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm here with colleagues every friday for breakfast and they never disappoint in this department!! lovely lovely staff work in there unaware of names but all girls and cant fault them in anyway! food is decent and always plenty out for us, have a small wait for tea and coffee but nothing to complain about. receptionists are awful. rude. uninterested and just plain awful. they lack in customer service skills, in particular one girl with dark hair. as we are here every friday and I am unaware on who to make this complaint to I hope this review gets noticed and i see a difference in reception staff soon!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JoelFromBNI
Peter DGM T, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent dining experience at the Village Urban Resort Bury.

I am so pleased you enjoy your Friday breakfast; we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

In response to the rest of your review, we take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our reception manager.

Peter Thomson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

i just want to say the village is a lovely hotel however one very rude receptionist made my family feel very uncomfortable and a burden!!we were tutted at, had eyes rolled at us then were practically forced by her to fill in a comment card saying how nice she was!! my teenage son felt bullied and under pressure! this woman should not be on the front desk at all! cannot remember her name but she had large false eyelashes on and messy dark hair.

the pool and gym were lovely as was breakfast and our room.

Room Tip: dont feel pressured into filling out these ridiculous comment cards, they were throwing them at ever...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this review of your recent stay at the Village Urban Resort Bury.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our reception manager.

San Francisco
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Went for a pre arranged hen night and the food was diabolical the soup was unrecognisable as to what sort it was ( I still don't know ) it had the consistency of baby food, the main was rock hard and dry chicken breast with no sauce, mashed potato that had a skin on it !!!! Never have I eaten anything like it before a slice of courgette and a slice of carrot and desert was lemon flavoured shaving foam .... Bloody horrible ...l won't be going back and will tell anyone I know to avoid like the plague ... I didn't complain at the time as it was my friends hen night and I didn't want to spoil it, the only good thing about the night was the DJ !!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Peter DGM T, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent experience here at the Village Urban Resort Bury.

I am sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to call me directly to turn this situation around on the main hotel number 0161 764 4444 at your convenience.

Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

A friend took me for a surprise spa day, the facilities were great and our massages were also nice and relaxing.
The ladies within the spa were great but as soon as you stepped out of the spa the service was overall appalling. On arrival the lady on the front desk was completely uninterested and left us to wait while she gossiped with another member of staff who was either going home or just coming in aimlessly wandering around and chatting with staff. Then when we were seen to lady abruptly told us how to get to the spa. We hadn't been there for two minutes and our relaxing spa day was far from chilled. After our lovely treatments we used the pool and steam too and found gym staff were ignorant and rude, more interested in flirting with each other than answering customers queries.
I'm completely astonished that management obviously don't take service seriously enough looking at previous reviews.
It really ruined what was meant to be a nice and relaxing day we wouldn't visit again.

Stayed June 2014
Peter DGM T, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for this review of your recent stay at the Village Urban Resort Bury.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered with some of the team members, behaviour like this is entirely unacceptable and goes against our fundamental values and principles.

I would very much like to discuss your stay with you and be given the opportunity to turn this situation around, so please feel free to give me a call on the main hotel number 0161 764 4444 at your convenience.

Sedgefield, South Africa
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here to be close to family before flying to SA after a long vacation. Its obviously a popular spot judging by the size of car park, but the hotel is elevated and about 20 steps up to carry our heavy baggage. Maybe we were expected to be members of the gym. On arriving we were convinced by the pleasant receptionist to upgrade to an upperdeck room that should be quiet and full of extras. Well it was very hot and we couldn't get to sleep on the delux bedding. the extra sized TV wouldn't work properly and I had to get help which did come quickly. A warning to all is don't grab hold of the towel rail when you get In or out of the bath--its bloody hot!!
Had we had our basic double we wouldn't have minded so much, but the room was noisy--banging doors, heavy footwork above us. Breakfast was standard, but exactly the same both mornings and we had to wait one morning to get a table. Didn't have correct newspapers available.
Very convienient for Bury or the motorway system.

Room Tip: Rather ask to see the rooms you are being offered and check exactly what you are getting for an üpgr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FRED B
Peter DGM T, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay at the hotel.

I can only apologise that you felt the UpperDeck room did not live up to your expectations. I would be more than happy to discuss the matter futher with you if you so wish on 0871 222 4576.

Having said that, customer service is something we take very seriously so I am pleased you noticed this upon arrival.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Peter Thomson
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I need of an upgrade rooms not very clean double bed was 2 pushed together not comfortable ok for 1 night staff not to bad didn't like the fact they were wearing jeans very scruffy food which was breakfast was average it was disappointing

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the hotel.

I am sorry there were some elements of your stay that you felt could have been improved upon. Please feel free to contact me on 0871 222 4576 if you would care to discuss your stay in any more detail.

Kind regards
Peter Thomson
Berkshire
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed for one night whilst on business. Room fine, although agree with other reviewers, it was quite hot in the room. I found numerous stains up the walls in my room, so cleaning doesn't seem a high priority here. Pillows are the smallest I've ever seen. Had dinner in the Vinny & Vito on site, food took a while to arrive. Had 2 or 3 different people serve us. Food was average, nothing special. Glass of medium sized wine a shock at £6 each. At £99 a night it's ok but would only stay here if on business in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Adam A, Public Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent experience.

I am sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. If you would like to discuss your stay in more details please feel free to call me directly on 0161 762 6063.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,520 reviews
Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
Village Hotel Manchester Hyde

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Bury? Share your experiences!