“Good location, friendly staff”

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few of these now on business, generally very good for a large chain hotel, food is always a good standard but I do think the food and drink prices are quite expensive. I think a £3.50 tray charge for room service for a mid week businessman is a bit cheeky. We don't generally like to sit on our own in the restaurant!! The room is decorated well but the decor around most of this hotel is quite dark, the reception, the hall ways the restaurant and especially in the Village Pub is very dark, and the Pub? looks very worn and needs brightening up. The bed was also very hard, The staff were all very friendly, however the bar staff T-shirts and breakfast staff in branded Jeans and t-shirts is in my opinion tacky and does not represent a good professional brand image.

Room Tip: Its worth upgrading to the Upper Deck rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel.

Customer service is something we take great pride in at the hotel and I am so pleased you noted this during your stay. If you would like to discuss the elements of your stay you feel could be improved, please do not hesitate to email me directly at rachel.goldenfield@village-hotels.com.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hi , I'm into my second week here with work and have to say this is an excellent value for money hotel . not many hotels you get full use of the pool and gym facilities but here you do . the staff are great they can't do enough for you . the victory bar is excellent and serves great food . rooms are very comfortable and have everything you need . an excellent hotel and well recomended. Back next week and looking forward to it .

Room Tip: Stayed in a couple and all good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent experience here.

I am so pleased you have taken advantage of all the amenities the hotel has to offer and seemed to enjoy every aspect of your stay at the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next week.

Best regards

Reviewed April 6, 2014

stayed one night, arrived at reception, asked for assistance qith my luggage, was told sorry theres no one can help you, we dont even have a luggage trolley, nearly did myself a mischief with my suitcase and four bags, room very 80s in style, bed wasnt a double, was two singles zipped together which sagged in the middle. room was clean and it was quiet, forgot my shampoo, toothpaste and soap and there was no toiletries whatsoever on offer. Stayed for evening meal had chicken, cooked very badly, it was so dry it nearly turned to dust. Breakfast was ok, but a lot of chipped and dirty plates on offer. If you get a cheap deal then worth a stay but not worth full price. In general the hotel is run down and in much need of investment. Id rate the overall experience for my £75 pppn deal as fair/adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

I am so sorry that it appears we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to call me directly on 0161 762 6063.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

So easy to find, easy parking, very convenient for me. I stayed here alone, I found the restaurant staff to be the most welcoming and professional. I was served by many friendly, caring staff suck as Tina, Beth, Matt, and Jordan who all had a very attentive, enthusiastic attitude. The food was great, the bar staff were efficient and the reception staff were very quick with check in, which is what I needed after a 4 hour drive! I'd definitely stay here again. Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

Customer Service is something we pride ourselves on here at Village Bury and I am so please you appreciated this throughout your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay on a business trip at The Village. I asked for a quiet room following reading previous reviews on trip adviser.
On my arrival on a Sunday evening the place was very lively and there were a large number of Irish people who were staying there because of a home MUTD match. I asked for a quiet room and was given a lovely upper deck room in the annex part. It was very quiet until 1 am and 3am I was woken by drunken men shouting in the corridors.Perhaps they'd have been better in a different part of the hotel with other fans.The rest of the week was fine at night until the Wednesday evening when noisy neighbors had the football highlights on loudly on TV after midnight.I do love footy but not at this time when trying to get to sleep for work.
The room had everything I needed and was cleaned every day with fresh towels.
The leisure facilities were superb as they have a large pool and gym and great fitness classes which they allow guests to book.I can recommend these classes but make sure you book.The staff at leisure were helpful and friendly. You get towels but need a £1 for the lockers.
The hotel has wifi and Sky which is great.
The service at reception was good and friendly and helpful.
They also sorted my heating out immediately for my room.
Ate every night in the hotel. Food was okay but not any healthy choices and some of the side dishes let it down in their taste and flavor. Breakfast was okay.Food could be improved as it wasn't very good.Drinks were very pricey and a glass of wine was £8.50.
The food and the noise stopped this hotel getting an excellent from me.
But as long as not a party or event night it is a comfortable friendly place and would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if not on a party or event night
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am so sorry that you felt the noise and food let down what was otherwise a great experience.. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on and I am so pleased you found this exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

the name De Vere normally means really high quality. this place is a very busy and highly used health club and meeting place and hotel. its a 3 star hotel. its good and the staff are fab but the pricing does not reflect the quality of the rooms. you can upgrade to a better room which i did not do
the breakfast is ok - the restaurant could do with a spruce up. all in all average to good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank flanology
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

Excellent customer service is something which we pride ourselves on here at the hotel and I am so pleased you appreciated this on your visit.

I am sorry other elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss the matter in further detail please feel free to call on 0161 762 6063.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

At Christmas I put in a bid for a Christmas tree donated by The Village Bury to the Bury Hospice, amongst the many generous gifts there was a night out package.
The package included a tribute night for two, I booked this for my birthday weekend and we were looking forward to the night. The show was cancelled but there was a promise that another event would replace this, we were told less than one week before the event that this was cancelled due to lack of support, we were offered other dates but our diary was full we went ahead with a meal and one night stay only.
Let me say at the outset the staff were excellent from the greeting to our checkout. The accomodation was of a good standard athough quite a confusing hike to the "other building". The evening dinner was mostly ok but spoiled a little by a rowdy group of ladies equipped witb whistles and party poppers. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her food and my first two courses were good but, the rhubarb and ginger crumble was a disaster, I did not eat it.
We had no problems with breakfast at all and decided to stay for a carvery lunch, again the carvery was quite good but again noisy and seating could have been better organised, I had to block access to four tables to pull out my chair and sit down. This carvery is I suppose good for families with small children but not for quiet weekend residents.
Overall I would say a good experience and I would stay again, but I would not have a carvery and I would check the restaurant for noise before having dinner.
Thank you Village for supporting your local hospice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. As our restaurant can be quite busy on occasions, I do appreciate you may have found this a litte overbearing.

I understand on the tree you also won a gym membership as well as numerous other vouchers and I do hope you have enjoyed using all of them.

Kind regards.