“A nice business stopover in Upper deck” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A nice business stopover in Upper deck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here for a 1 night stay in Upper deck. The rooms are modern with a comfortable bed. With plenty of pillows. Sky movies is a nice touch and I enjoyed watching Argo before bed. It's just a shame the Starbucks coffee is just instant. A nice bean to cup machine would be a nicer touch.

Reception clerks were friendly and the hotel had a nice buzz - mainly due to the gym and attached pub.

The Italian restaurant was lovely for a romantic meal - I was alone, but still felt very welcome. Lovely food with some of the best authentic garlic bread I have tasted.

Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Upper deck in my opinion is worth it for a cosy film in bed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the UpperDeck room as well as the meal in Vinny & Vitos.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Liphook, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked 3 nights in Upper Deck room whilst visiting family. Nice clean rooms but'Starbucks in room' is just a worthless marketing scam - just branded instant coffee !

Why never again ? NOISE. On the first night we had 2 children left 'home alone' in the room above us. Until midnight they spent the time jumping off the bed and running up and down the room and slamming the drawers shut. The inter floor sound deadening is pretty much non existent. Then the drunken revellers moved out onto the terrace which is immediately below the Upper Deck rooms and proceeded to have lengthy and very loud episodes of shouting and laughing until 12:30.

Following morning we confirmed that the room above us was not vacating so were moved to another room, also away from the front terrace, so we were expecting a better night. WRONG - party night. The whole hotel reverberates with music, idiots running down the corridors banging very loudly on doors just topped off the worst stay in a hotel ever.

We will never stay here again and if you are expecting to get any sleep I would strongly suggest you book elsewhere.

A very disappointing experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlanChr
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I am so sorry it appears you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. If you would care to discuss this further please feel free to call me on 0871 222 4576.

Kind regards

Travelers are raving about these Bury hotels

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed Saturday night. A very comfortable stay. Breakfast was good & lots of choice. We enjoyed using the excellent leisure facilities. Cant say if it was good value because stay was given to as a gift.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your gift of a stay at the hotel and managed to take advantage of all the ammenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a Friday night. The reception staff were really efficient. The room we stayed on was a little bit tired and the towels looked like they should have been thrown out a few years ago. However, the breakfast was great and to be honest we got such a good deal on the room I cannot complain. Great leisure facilities.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay as well as the ammenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Accrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to a warm welcome by the friendly receptionist, who quickly explained everything we needed to know and asked if we had any requests etc, check in was very speedy - no problems at all. We had booked an upper deck room and were allocated room 304, room was spacious and clean and furnishing modern and comfortable, the only thing I didn't like was the shower - hard to work out how to turn it on ( maybe I'm just too used to pressing a button) and when I did get it working I found I couldn't get a decent temperature - other than this there were no complaints with the room. Did hear a bit of noise from other guests in the corridors at night but it's nowhere near as bad as I had expected from reading other reviews. The victory pub was great, really good atmosphere, food great and drinks a bit pricey but probably in line with manchester city centre prices. Did pay for b&b but unfortunately didn't get to try breakfast as they queue was ridiculously long and I really didn't have the time to wait - was a bit annoying, however, on the whole this was a good experience and I would return in the future.

Stayed November 2013
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to share your recent experience at the hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay, and that it exceeded the expectations from your previous time here. Having said that, I am so sorry you missed breakfast due to the queue.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just spent the weekend with friends here . Cannot fault it, The food was very good at breakfast and self service, Lots of facilities , swimming pool , sauna, steam room , Jacuzzi, gym.
Rooms very nice, clean and spacious . Located close to Bury centre. Definatly stay again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to mention your recent stay at the hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel and took advantage of all of the facilities that we offer!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards.
Greenwich, London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I went to Manchester on a historical journey to my birthplace with my 8yo as left in the 60s and not been on holiday in Longsight since 1983. As my daughter likes swimming, I chose Village Urban in Bury with a resort as i felt the need to reflect, relax after my discoveries. The hotel has great bus link to the Manchester City Centre (bus 163 - 1 hour journey) and Bury - access Tram & other buses. I requested a quiet side of the hotel after the reviews said some places were noisy and I was not disappointed although it took us long to trace on arrival - a phone call to reception resolved this. Man. City played Norwich but it was not too bad. Could see the river from bedrom window. Breakfast was fabulous (now paying the price for an expanded waist line), thanks to Isabella for the lovely chocolate drinks and staff asking us during breakfast if we were alright. Patricia gave a personal touch by introducing herself at breakfast on Day 2 and letting us know her role (front desk). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay...Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam Room. Staff were prompt and courteous. The housekeeper reminded us to close our door as left slightly ajar. Would have been useful if staff informed us we had access to the gym facilities and classes but oh well, this did not spoil it for me, will return home again if time permits. Been flogging the resort to friends in London. Perhaps a kids club will help families apart from the swimming.

If interested in using buses, try to buy the weekly bus pass for £ 13.00 - check covers all bus companies (stagecoach and first western??? i think). Try the Travel shop at Bury...transport can be cheaper if researched ahead of time.

Met great people in the resort and on our first day in Manchester - with a gentleman taking me all the way to North Manchester Hospital (formerly Crumpsall), still excited about my various discoveries.

Shop Assistants and Some Bus Drivers outside the resort are not very patient with visitors or shall I say tourists.

Will do this again though.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor with the river view are quieter in my view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maggiejoyful
Thank you for taking the time to mention your stay at the hotel! Sounds like you had a rather interesting visit!

The team and I are passionate about delivering exceptional standards and I am so pleased you appreciated this throughout the service you received.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Red Hall Hotel
Red Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walmersley
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Bury? Share your experiences!