“Over priced for location”

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Over priced for location”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The village Bury has a lovely pool and gym area. The restaurant serves good quality, slightly pricey food. However, the pub grub is exactly that and I wouldn't eat in there again. Have stayed here on several occasions for party nights and leisure breaks. Rooms are always clean and make for a comfortable nights sleep. The price for the location is what lets the village Bury down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I am so pleased you have stayed at the hotel on numerous occasions and appeared to enjoy the ammenities. I will take on board your comments about the price of the food and refer this back to head office.

We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel in the future.

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
morpeth
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

A good hotel.. plenty to do leisure wise. good facilities and very clean. as you would expect from such a hotel chain. Food good. prices could be better since the pub across the car park is very good.. but overall......... very nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your feedback!

I am so pleased that it appears you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Staying on business and being an ex hospitality industry owner, you get to know good standards in accommodation. The Village at Bury is average in pretty much every way.

Food: An experienced De Vere Urban member, this 'resort' suffers from the same entry level mediocre food offerings in both the pub Grill and theme restaurant. Food is uninspiring and poor value for money - it's essentially 'pub food', and standards have dropped steadily over the last few years.

Decor/Fixtures: Whilst decor is reasonable (a few scuffs on walls, broken bathroom tiles), the 'designer' that selected a dark colour scheme for the most recent De Vere re-branding made a terrible mistake. PLEASE NOTE if you have any form of visual difficulties, this hotel is not for you. Decor is dark, with minimal decent lighting in the bedrooms, further worsened by multiple shades of brown. It's too dark to work in the rooms, and the wifi is unusable each and every time I have stayed.

Staffing/Service: Staff have been friendly on each of my stays, with highlighted mention of the leisure team who seem to enjoy their roles. Staff perform their minimum of job role and I have experienced no outstanding levels customer service.

Summary: As a place to rest your head, this accommodation is acceptable, but don't expect anything outstanding - and far more attractive options are available for equivalent cost.

Room Tip: The 'Annex' 2nd floor rooms are a long distance from reception
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am sorry to see that it appears you did not enjoy your recent stay the hotel- especially as it seems you are a frequent user not only of our hotel but of the brand as a whole. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay further please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0871 222 4576.

Liverpool
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited this hotel a couple of weeks back for the first time and wasn't impressed with some of the service I received. I enjoyed the leisure facilities and the staff seemed pleasant enough. I had to move rooms which was stressful, but the reception staff were extremely helpful and eventually the problem did get solved. The food in the pub was excellent, although a bit overly priced in my opinion, over £10 for a burger seems a bit steep! I was greeted by some friendly ladies on the bar who pointed me in the right direction to collect a menu and find a table, and then went on to order my food and beverages at the bar. After ordering and waiting a while for my food, I went to look for someone to make sure there was no problems with my food order. There was no one around other than the girls on the bar that were busy serving, so I then went to find someone. When I did so, I found a girl with bleach blonde hair, leant against the side on her mobile phone. It took her at least 20 seconds to notice I was standing there, and after asking her whether my food was on its way she tutted and muttered something under her breathe before storming through a door into the back area of the pub. The same girl eventually brought my food to my table and without any explanation of the waiting time slammed it down in front of me and didn't say a word. Overall it is a decent hotel and my room was very comfy and even had sky tv which I was impressed about. Just a shame about certain staff, because otherwise this hotel definitely would have had a higher rating than I have had to give!

• Stayed October 2013
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback on the hotel.

The team and I are passionate about delivering exceptional standards and always aim to ensure that this is reflected in the service you receive. I am so sorry that on this occasion one individual appeared to dampen this for you.

I am on the other hand, pleased that you enjoyed the other areas of your stay and that the problem with your room was managed efficiently.

If you would like to speak to the manager of Victory Pub & Kitchen please call the hotel directly on 0161 764 4444. Alternatively you can find myself at the hotel on most days or on 08712224576.

Kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

18 of us stayed here for a hen night package that included a 25 min treatment , dinner, breakfast , glass of fizz and entry into seventies night.
The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough. Spa area nice although lots of kids in
Pool!
Treatments great although the pedicure was really just a file and polish. Rooms lovely modern clean and big. Doubles were made into twins at our request. Breakfast great. Omelettes were made for veggies on request.
Great value - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks for your feedback on the hotel!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel and found it lovely but is then visited again on another occasion with my friend and little boy, we wasn't staying the night but thought we would come for tea at the pub. I was very disappointed with the customer service, it was busy at the time but no one came to clean our table we had to wipe it of ourselves. When trying to find a child's menu which wasn't already on the table we looked around for a staff member to help us but there was no one around and when there was staff about no one came to check if we was ok. When we got the food the child's food was far to hot, I understand it has to be a certain temp before it's sent out but this was too hot and so was the plate for a child the guy that brought it to me never mentioned this so it's a good job it was me that touched it first and not my little lad. The burgers we had where nice but I wouldn't say they was worth what you charge for them. The coke was flat and in my opinion tasted watered down and the choice of kids drink where very limited! Sadly I don't think I'll be visiting the pub again.

• Stayed September 2013
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear about your less than pleasant experience in the restaurant, especially as it tarnished what you originally felt about the hotel.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to get in touch on 08712224576.

Kind Regards
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night and the room was excellent.

However, there was utter confusion when I tried to charge a drink to our room as reception had not offered to swipe my credit card.

As for breakfast, well, after a long wait to get in it was a scrum for the buffet and the coffee machine would not work.

Food was adequate but the wait made me lose my appitite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments on the hotel.

Whilst I am really pleased you thought the room was excellent, I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience at breakfast.

If you would like to discuss any of the problems you encountered please do not hesitate to get in touch on 08712224576.

Kindest regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Bury? Share your experiences!