“afternoon break”
Review of Leckenby's

Leckenby's
Ranked #9 of 403 Restaurants in Bury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an English Tearoom situated in the heart of Burys Millgate Shopping Centre. We provide a full waitress service and we serve anything from light snacks to a three course meal and we specialise in Afternoon Tea. We serve a wide selection of loose leaf tea and freshly ground coffees as well as a range of alcoholic beverages including Champagne and Prosecco. We have a children's menu as well as several Gluten Free options on our main menu.p
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have mjust returned home after an excellent lunch again at Leckenby's My husband had a cheese omelet which he said was delicious, I opted for a light bite and had a fishcake it was very tasty, we were expecting to have desert but our parking ticket was due to expire, we will have to go agaon and try the dessert menu.

mfilidoro, Manager at Leckenby's, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hi Again! Thank you again for taking time to write a review on your most recent visit. We are so glad you enjoyed it again. You definitely won't be disappointed with dessert when you have more time. We have a lovely selection of cakes and pastries made by the famous Slatterys and also some very tempting hot puddings which are absolutely delicious. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

One I'm my new hobbies is to have afternoon tea. I have visited a number of places and last week went to Leckenbys for the first time. I was very impressed indeed so much so that it is number 1 on my afternoon tea visit blog.

The options including vegetarian and different teas is a nice touch as is serving loose leaf tea and not tea bags

The sandwiches and cakes were very fresh and presented exceptionally well

mfilidoro, Manager at Leckenby's, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I have to say what a lovely hobby to have! We are really pleased that you enjoyed your visit. It is refreshing to know that you have judged us on all aspects of your visit because we invest so much time in trying to get everything right for our customers every time that they visit. We are very proud of the fact that you have voted us number 1 on your list of Afternoon Tea visits and we thank you for that. We hope you do visit us again and hope you continue to enjoy your new hobby!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have visited Leckenby's several times over the past six months with my husband and our two daughters. My youngest daughter has been very poorly and the staff always ask after her when we take her there. Leckenby's is her favourite place to eat. The tea rooms also do child-sized portions.
We have always found the staff to be delightful and charming from the owner to the manager to the waiter and waitresses.
The food is beautiful, the portions are great and the prices are more than reasonable. They serve sandwiches with salad and fruit, champagne afternoon teas, soups and quiches among other things. The cakes look beautiful although I must admit that I have not tried them.
There are a lot of regulars that visit Leckenby's and it is clear to see why so many people return. It is a very friendly, welcoming place that serves lovely food and the owner and staff are very experienced in customer service!

1  Thank Zebedee74
mfilidoro, Manager at Leckenby's, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We always welcome reviews on customers' experiences. We do pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I am so proud of our staff for the service they provide. I feel that on the whole you cannot train staff to be warm and welcoming because I think that comes from within and all our staff have a genuine interest in each and every customer and take pride in looking after them. We are really happy that you enjoy coming to Leckenbys and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My Husband and I went for lunch and found a very nice welcome from the staff, we were shown to a table and given time to look at the menu (no rush) We thought the food was good and plenty of choice, the coffee was excelent. We would certainly go again.There were people in that obviously went on a regular basis and were well known to staff and others diners, which must say it has some very good points to keep going back for.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and that you never felt rushed. Many customers come to us because they enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and service as well as the food and see it as a haven when they are shopping on a busy day. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

what a disappontmentt. All the reviews on here state what a lovely friendly place it is. Yes for the regulars who frequent the place I agree. I met a friend there and we waited for a table and waited and waited and suddenly a waitress came over looked beyond us and said "hey there Sarah come on over to your favourite table". A regular had entered the cafe behind us and she totally ignored us and took Sarah to a table. We were so disgusted we walked away and will never go back to this place again. How ignorant!

3  Thank Revitt