“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Bury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had my Wedding at The Bolholt Hotel, Bury in the Stables on Friday 23rd August and i cannot thank the staff enough for an enjoyable, relaxed, well organised event! The staff were all bending over backwards to help me and my guests, the food was fabulous, and the rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable! Our stay in the honeymoon suite was wonderful and the evening before the wedding my friends and I stayed in a normal Family room which was comfy and clean - the only issue we had was with our shower which wasnt very powerful (& then wouldnt turn off!) But room service came within minutes of calling them to fix the problem!
Wonderful Staff, lovely location - would recommend the hotel to anyone - leisure facilities are also really good if you get time to use them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley_Shephard, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. It gives me great pleasure reading such a fantastic review! I'm pleased your wedding went so well and all our staff were helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, perhaps on your anniversary.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I attended a wedding here with my family - The wedding was great, however, the hotel itself is ready for a refurb and looking a little dated. The hotel grounds are lovely, and we managed to get some lovely photos. The ceremony and reception were held in The Stables which was a good size and had been nicely decked out for the wedding. The meal reminded me a little of a school dinner with that pre-sliced roast beef and left me with no desire to return and dine here. We had 3 rooms 51,52 and 53 - 51 was at the front of the hotel and quite nice but bathroom in need of a freshen up. 52 and 53 were OK but not a spacious as 51. We were given a special rate for the rooms as we were part of the wedding party - I think I'd be quite disappointed if I'd paid the full price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed the wedding. Im sorry our rooms didnt meet your expectations. I have brought up all your comments to head office.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels Uk wide over the last few years on both business and leisure and have to say this is by far the worst experience I have had. We stayed one night to attend a friends wedding. We booked through late rooms and for what we paid I did not have high expectations although I am glad I never paid the original rate off 100.00 plus! The room was dated although clean. The radiator in the bath room was on full blast with the regulator jammed so it could not be turned down. The only soap dispenser in the bathroom was broken. There was an issue with the key card not operating so I had to attend a closed reception after calling the number was eventually attended to by a guy who was clearly put out at having to attend reception. The plumbing woke us up at 06.00 as the person in the room above took a shower there was a terrible pipe work noise rattled through all our pipes. The breakfast was reasonable however the cooked items where not fully hot. I would seriously advise any other people thinking of staying here to book in elsewhere. It was not worth the 70 pound we paid. If you are thinking off having a wedding here then I suggest you query the bar staffing for your event. We waited an age to get served and when we did you could tell the staff really did not want to be there. I got an extra bit in my beer as I extracted a plastic desperado label from my mouth!!! I think that says it all.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley_Shephard, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please let me apologise for not exceeding your expectations. I hope you brought these issues up with reception so we can ensure the radiator & soap dispenser are fixed.

I have spoken to the bar manager and their staff to ensure every guest has a pleasant experience, I am sorry you had to wait.

Thank you for bringing all of this to my attention.

Duty Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bury hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here instead of the similar priced Premier Inn, Bury.
The rooms are looking a little dated but non the less are very accommodating and plenty of room. Thankfully I had a room a the back of the hotel and avoided any guest noises like a previous reviewer.

The free wi fi is a bonus and it was this that persuaded me to stay here rather than the Premier Inn, I managed to complete a report in silence- apart from the rain outside!

The hotel is in walking distance of the town- should you decide to venture out, like I did to the Indian!

Breakfast is good with a buffet type starter with a nicely cooked meal, cannot complain for the price and comparison against the PI.

I would stay here again, so that says it all I suppose.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us at the hotel.

We look forward to welcomming you again in the near future.

Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights at this hotel whilst visiting relatives and I hope I never have to stay again... EVER.
I appreciate that you get what you pay for which allows for the shabby décor, huge cobwebs on the ceiling, dribble of a shower, musty bed linen, mismatched furniture etc but what I do expect at a hotel is to be able to sleep but this is virtually impossible at this hotel as the walls are paper thin.
All through the night from midnight to 6am we were constantly disturbed by other guests returning to their rooms - not being able to remember which number they were in (probably be handy to put room numbers on the key cards!) / not being able to work their key cards / screaming and shouting with each other outside their rooms etc etc - it was a NIGHTMARE.
I can honestly say that over our total 2 night stay we averaged about 3 hours sleep a night and by the time we checked out we were desperate to leave and decided this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. I think we would have had a better nights sleep if we'd slept in the car.
The management really should try spending a weekend in one of the rooms on the ground floor corridor off the reception and then they'll appreciate how unacceptable it is - you literally feel as if other guests are in your room.
I am giving 1 star for the kettle in the room and the lavender spray to aid your sleep... although super-strength ear plugs would be a much better touch.
Avoid at all costs if you want to sleep during your stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms along the corridor just off reception (esp no 22 as unless you slam the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EW28
Hayley_Shephard, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please let me apologise for not exceeding your expectations. We have brought all of your comments to the attention of management and the relevant departments to ensure these problems aren’t persistent and can be resolved.

With regards to the key cards we don't put the room numbers on just in case cards are misplaced/lost and other guests pick them up.

Thank you for bringing all of this to my attention.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Don't be put off as you drive towards the hotel - it is in a much nicer location than the surrounding area may suggest! Nice and clean, good food, friendly service and easy parking. Comfortable room and the WiFi worked flawlessly

Jc

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you like the surroundings of our hotel. I am glad you found our staff helpful and enjoyed your meal here at the Bolholt.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A small group of us stayed here for one night whilst in the area on business. We had dinner in the hotel and used the business/wedding centre (above the health spa) for a meeting the following day.

A good size, reasonably well appointed bedroom. The bathroom was fine, although the toilet cistern obstinately refused to fill without removing the top every time and giving it a 'technical adjustment'. It felt a little tired, as did the overall hotel, which was disappointing given the setting. Country park might be a rather generous description, but the grounds were pleasant.

Dinner in the dining room was of a good (high cholesterol) standard - black pudding and goats cheese as a starter, but then I did choose it and I was in Lancashire! The dining room is a little gloomy. Breakfast, taken in the same room, was exceedingly average.

The facilities for our meeting were good and we were able to have use of separate bar area for luncthime drinks.

Notwithstanding an overall average impression of the hotel, the service was of a good standard and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hayley_Shephard, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you liked your room and If you would let reception know about problems within the room in future so we can sort the matter as soon as possible.
I am delighted you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant and also our conference facilities were adequate for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Duty Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,561 reviews
Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) Hotel

Been to Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel? Share your experiences!