Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I booked the Bolholt for our wedding day after we fell in love with it after our 1st visit to have a look around. We got married on 1st September 2012 and had our wedding ceremony and reception there in the Horseshoe Suite, I stayed at the hotel the night before with my bridesmaids and me and my husband stayed the night of the wedding and the night after. From the first look around until leaving the hotel 2 days after the wedding the staff were nothing but amazing. Events manager Sarah along with the rest of the staff were never too busy too answer any questions we had or worries we felt. On the day of the wedding we didn't have to worry about anything, Asher was looking after us on the day and he was wonderful, the day went so smoothly and Asher took care of everything for us so all we had to do was enjoy ourselves and the day. My gran was talking about how wonderful Asher was for days after, she felt very looked after. Everyone commented on how lovely the room was and what a brilliant day it was and how nice the food was. Our stay at the hotel was wonderful, the help and professionalism of the staff was fantastic, and our wedding day was perfect and we are very thankful to Asher and the rest of the staff at the Bolholt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca D
VickyMcLeod, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel from your wedding day. I am delighted your wedding day was so special and everything ran smoothly and all our staff were helpful and friendly.

I have passed on your kind words to Asher and the rest of the team.

We hope you visit us again soon, possibly on your anniversary?

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited here with 3 friends for a 'Spa Day.' after getting a deal on living social.

Arrived at 9am, the hotel was quite tired looking and looked in need of some work but a nice location with a canal at the front and fields to the rear. we had breakfast in the hotel dining room which was clean but again very dated and in need of an update! it was a basic but nice hotel breakfast consisting of a buffet of fruit, cereal and cooked breakfast. staff were very attentive and friendly. The breakfast was included in our offer so was great value for us!

Top Tip: don't use a sat nav to get there or if you do reverse and turn right, the sat nav takes you too a gate in a field a the back of the hotel.

The Leisure Centre was great set in a converted stables just a short walk away. there were 2 pools (one adults only) sauna, jacuzzis, plunge pool and steam room (sadly one sauna and steam room was out of order) the changing rooms were spotless and well equipped.

The beauty treatment at 'Carriages' was great we all had facials which were amazing by lovely staff. However it wasn't really a 'spa day experience' as robes/slippers etc weren't provided! It was more of a leisure centre with a salon not anything luxurious. But still a bargain and we all had a fab day!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
VickyMcLeod, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you had a lovely day with us and glad you enjoyed the leisure facilities and spa.

We are looking at improving by having dressing gowns and slippers to make our guests stay abit more special.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here 1 night to get the best from our Spa Day. Brillant staff, really friendly and helpful.
Evening meal excellent value.
Top Tip: don't use a sat nav to get there!!
The Leisure Centre was great-2 pools, sauna, jacuzzis and steam room. As others have said the walk to it in bad weather is a downside. The beauty treatment at 'Carriages' great- it would be brillant to have a coffee shop located there so you could get the 'Spa Experience.'
We would stay again and maybe be able to enjoy the beautiful grounds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LorG1247

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your spa day and found our staff friendly and helpful. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay over and the meal you had with us in the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a fabulous time at this hotel. the food was fantastic , the room exquisite, the pool/spa amazing!! and the gym well equipped.
I actually won a 2 night break through Best Western and the location of this hotel was wpnderful

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
VickyMcLeod, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and had the opportunity to dine with us and visit our leisure facilities. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night earlier this week on business and found a warm welcome on arrival speedy check in and the staff very helpfull
The only downside in the recent cold temperatures is the short outdoor walk to the leisure facility which is well worth a visit if you enjoy a swim and sauna
Overall enjoyed my short stay and is great value for money would definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us and found our staff helpful. I'm glad you did visit our leisure facilities as I agree it is worth the visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 8th December with 2 friends. First impressions driving up to it I was dreading it as I thought it may be a bit scruffy, I've never stayed in a 3* hotel before. Couldn't have been more wrong, staff were excellent, very friendly! Room was quite big and clean which was my main concern. Beds were very comfortable. Didn't sleep very well as my room was very cold in the night. Radiator was on full.
We only managed to book 1 treatment massage on the 'spa' have to say on the hotel website it looks like the 'spa is connected to the hotel and it's not, it's only a few minutes walk though not a problem. However, it's more of a beauty salon than a spa with a health club next to it. So not the spa experience we were expecting, but our fault got not checking.
We ate at the hotel, only a hot sandwich as food starts at 7pm and we were hungry, it was very nice though! I can imagine the restaurant food is nice too! The deserts look amazing! All the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble I think this really adds to the ambience of the hotel I did book for 2 nights but had to leave early. It's probably not somewhere I would stay again but still a fab little hotel if you're on a tight budget! Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012
VickyMcLeod, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thankyou for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and helpful.

I hope you enjoyed the leisure facilities and I am sorry you only got to book one treatment. I hope you would choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My friend booked me and my husband on a spa day, so we decided to stay the night and have a little break....I upgraded the room when booking to make it a bit more special. When we booked in our room it was lovely clean and airy, but I was a bit disappointed with the upgrade as it looked much like the other cheaper rooms. I went to reception and spoke to Lauren the girl on reception, she was very understanding and gave us the option of changing rooms....she offered us the honeymoon suite, or if not she would refund our money. We decided to move rooms as the suite was lovely. We where never made to feel we where being a pain, she was so understanding and couldn't do enough to make our stay great. That night we ate in the hotel restaurant, and the waiter informed us that Lauren had put some wine on our table for the inconvenience we had with our rooms. I thought what a nice thought, made us feel really great! The food was also great, great service, friendly staff!!! What a lovely place to stay! Thanks Lauren you made our stay extra special!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Gemstone25
VickyMcLeod, Manager at Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a nice stay with us and that Lauren was so helpful towards you and made your stay extra special.

Again please let us apologise for the mix up of the rooms, I am pleased you reported the incident so we had the chance to improve your stay.

We hope you visit us again.