“Absolute perfection”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ive been going verona for years with my family..the food is out of this world ...the service is excellent and staff are so friendly and they cant do enough for you. Best Italian in bury top place

1  Thank juebag

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The restaurant, in Bury town centre, has been very tastefully refurbished to look roomier and more modern without taking away from the essence of the Victorian building that houses it.

The food is so quintessentially good Italian cuisine with the richly masterful sauces, Sicilian sausage, meatballs and pasta among my favourites. Vitello Milanese is another dish well worth trying.

I look forward to starting with a glass of Peroni, always kept at just the right, cool temperature. The house wines are of a good standard and after-meal drinks include Limoncello and other enjoyable Italian liqueurs.

The service is unhurried and very attentive with a special mention for Luca and Gemma. The whole operation is supervised by Stefano who has managed to create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. It's always an excellent venue to take business associates for relaxing meal or for family occasions; the service and the food is always of the highest standard!

1  Thank Eddie C
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I think it's fair to say that when it comes to Italian food I'm something of an expert and that's after visiting many places in Italy, especially the Neapolitan Riviera of Sorrento, Capri and Naples, where pizza was invented. In fact I remember when this new dish called Pizza first came to Manchester and led to the establishment of some legendary Italian restaurants in the city, especially the glorious Pizzeria Italia. Many of the team who worked at that restaurant that became the benchmark for Italian food in the north west went on to open their own, fine restaurants, one of which was Verona. I first visited Verona (originally called Bacco) in 1986 when it opened. My family has since grown up eating there on average twice a month and I now have 3 grandchildren who will doubtless become regulars. We have eaten our way through most of the wonderful authentic dishes on the menu, but always start with the minestrone that is by far the best I have tasted anywhere in the world. The vegetarian lasagne is also the best I have ever tasted and fish always perfectly cooked and fresh. No matter how often we dine at Verona, I always look forward to going there. The staff are charming, friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant has also been refurbished several times over the years as owner Stefano is a perfectionist whose commitment to excellence is unparalleled and an example to any restaurateur.

1  Thank MrChipsManchester
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visited Verona after reading reviews on trip advisor. Myself, my daughter and my friend and younger sister visited the restaurant on a Saturday night. The atmosphere was lovely and the staff extremely helpful.My daughter usually has carbonara, but on the advice of the head waitress she recommended an alternative pasta dish which went down a storm. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a relaxing and enjoyable evening.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I come to verona a lot the staff are all very friendly and make you feel welcome.
The food is wonderful. Excellent services. Fantastic all round RECOMMEND